Canopy Spider

Killer Joe

I never considered using this lil' guy back in the day, but now, whew, he could be worth his weight.
For 1G you get a 1/3 blocker that can block a lot of creatures, and FLYING creatures too.
You drop him, and forget about him, now that's efficient.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I used him in my Manabarbs deck because of those qualities (mainly cheap and blocks flying).

Plus you have green so you probably have green pump spells... make him even more threatening! :)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Take him, definitely. Canopy spider is a wimpy, big-butted bear that can jump. For TWO mana, even. Not a lot of cards can boast power like that. In a constructed deck, he usually gets overlooked due to his.......well, lack of enthusiam. He just sits there waiting for something to hit him. Players like to take control of the board. However, if you like to play a defensively, this is your card.

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Mundungu

At least it acted as a rage catcher...
you could have been the target of the rage ..

F

FoundationOfRancor

If they wasted a Rage on it, there must be something to it.

G

Gizmo

well I can imagine Skies would get a bit upset. But really how many creatures does he actually block? You`re really looking to kill things, I mean Woolly Spider, by contrast, is REALLY good. I`m not sure you really need 2cc blockers that much. One of the things I`m struggling to coe to tems with about new T2 is that you no longer need to concern yourslef with tempo - it`s now more important that all your cards are going to prove useful.

If Canopy Spider meets Fires it`s just going to get smashed aside ASAP, maybe it`ll absorb an attack then get Thornscape Maged or something...

R

Rando

Sounds a bit like the eariliest days of magic, when winning decks were the ones, simply, with the best cards available in them.

T

Turtlewax Joe

Metathran Transport would be good in ths deck, but that's my opinion and I know nothing.