1 regrowth
3 overruns
4 giant growth
3 rancor
2 might of oaks
3 titanias boon
1 sol ring

18 forest

i would like to add a stream of life and maybe a vitalize.
I dont know, any help.

Also what are some good green side board cards.

Thanx
SmurfTurd

G

Gizmo

Anything wrong?
Well on one level, no - this is a Green deck and it will hit people until they die. You can`t go too far wrong with a straight forward strategy like that.
But on another level it`s quite poor, especially if you are actually trying to be competitive in the tournament. Probably you could answer best if the other people in this T1 tournament are going to be wielding Mox, Lotus, Juzam on the first turn, or are going to be playing the same sort of all-in deck you have here, that would greatly affect your approach to changing the deck. If you expect nastiness then pure speed is unlikely to succeed and you will need to play spoiler cards to break up their defenses - Winter Orb, Titania`s Song, Primal Order, Elven Lyrist etc.

A few general tips:
More creatures, fewer spells - you can win the game with just a Wild Dogs but a Giant Growth will be dead in hand without them. Typically around 30 creatures, mostly very cheap at 1cc, maybe a few good 2cc drops. Overall I would recommend a process of dropping the casting costs of your deck down drastically. It means losing stuff like Overrun but in my experience this sort of deck has dealt 20 damage by the time it is able to effectively make use of Overrun anyway.
The other way to take the deck would mean adding in Gaea`s Really Expensive Cradles in order to get up to 5 mana for Overrun ASAP.

Quirion Ranger (Visions, Common) is astounding in this sort of deck, lets you run far fewer land. In with this them is Land Grant (Masques, Common), if all your land is Forests there is no reason NOT to simply take four of them out for Land Grants. I think there is no reason to run more than 14 Forests as your land, with 4 Land Grant that is effectively 18 and the deck I envisage would run fine from a single Forest.

4 Quirion Ranger (Visions, Common)
4 Llanowar Elf (Basic, Common)
4 Rogue Elephant (Weatherlight, Common)
4 Skyshroud Elite (Stronghold, Uncommon)
4 Skyshroud Ridgeback (Nemesis, Common)
2 Stampede Driver (Nemesis, Uncommon)
4 Spectral Bears (Homelands, Uncommon)
4 Skyshroud Cutter (Nemesis, Common)

4 Rancor (Legacy, Common)
4 Giant Growth (Basic, Common)
4 Briar Shield (Weatherlight, Common)
4 Land Grant (Masques, Common)

14 Forest

Opening hand could easily look like:
Forest, Quirion Ranger, LLanowar Elf, Land Grant, Rogue Elephant, Rancor, Spectral Bears
Which would play:
1) Forest, Llanowar Elf
(Draw Skyshroud Ridgeback)
2) Tap forest, play Quirion Ranger, tap LlElf, activate Quirion`s ability to untap LlElf, play Forest, tap Forest and LlElf, play Rogue Elephant, play Spectral Bears, reveal hand to play Land Grant.
(Draw Briar Shield)
3) Cast Rancor, cast Briar Shield, cast Ridgeback. Attack for 11.
(What you draw is irrelevant)
4) Activate Quirion to untap Spectral Bears, attack for 15.

Speed isn`t everything, but it can be a hell of a lot.
;)

A

Apollo

No, I can't help your mono. You should see a doctor about that.

I

Istanbul

Experience has taught me that straight green simply doesn't have what it takes to win in T1. White and blue establish too much control. Black just wipes your creatures out, and red isn't afraid to use its mass-destruction spells to waste your entire board. Even the scenario just mentioned dies to my third-turn two-point Earthquake.

Sorry, man.

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Okay let's see what I can do.
Take out one Overrun and add in a Rancor.
Do what Gizmo said about Land Grant.
Add in more Defense of the Hearts.
Add in Tutors, specifically Worldly.
Add Multani, Maro Sorcerer. (I've won too many games with that card.)
Add in Maro.
Isty's right about T1 but Green can still win.
Add Absolute Law and Absolute Grace.(verrrry cheap :D)
Add Ivory Masks.
Add Enlightened Tutors (4)

Basically, your deck should try to stay defensive and prevent red and black from wiping out your creatures. After turn 4, you should start to get agressive. Use Tutors to search for enchantments and creatures. Weenie and counter can be annoying but Multani's Pressence helps with counters.
Strem of Life should be used as it can buy you a few extra turns. To help with weenie, use Crawlspace.

Hope that helps. :p

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Almost forgot. Use Living Lands and Natural Affinity.
You have no idea how scary a few 3/3 forests are. :)

G

garfobosonfire

I think u should drop the overruns 'cause they r too slow. if this is a speed deck, and lose the giant spiders:(, I dont think flying creatures should be ur concern :D. Go for more speed!;)

TAG GUARD

A

Apollo

No way, go with what Gizmo said.
1)Enlightened Tutors are restricted
2)Multani is too expensive if you actually plan on using it in a type 1 tournament where turn 5 kills are typical
3)Maro is no good in a deck where you are emptying your hand this quick
4)In type 1, a lot of decks use no creatures; Defense of the Heart is not a good card
5)Absolute Law and Grace are color hosers that only protect your creatures, and thus have no place in the main deck
6)The deck has no white anyway
7)Stream of Life is a defensive card, and has no place here
8)Same with Crawlspace
9)Multani's Presence is also a color hoser and has no place in the main deck

Your deck should not try to stay defensive until turn four; if green has any chance at all, it has to kill them very quickly. You have to kill them in short order; you can't wait around. Gizmo knows exactly what he's talking about here. Multani's deck would be a lot more fun, but (no offense here) it wouldn't stand a chance in a real tournament.

Apollo

Killer Joe

Harvest Wurm with the Rogue Elephant is a nice touch. Sideboard in City of Solitude and maybe Defensive Grid.
I played green in a Type I tourney and it's hideous what typical Type I decks can do like Mirror Universe (I think) I pummeled my opponent down to 1 and he yawned and switched life with me and hit for one with something ridiculous.
Good Luck!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Tag Guard

Yeah, I remember playing in my only 1.5 tourney and my opponent did the same thing to me, cast a Mirror Universe when I was going to win in two turns. I was praying for a disenchant or shatter so bad... but no topdecking for me :(.