Calling You out

• Thread starter Budget Player Cadet
  • Start date
B

Budget Player Cadet

Okay, then let's do mindmaster. I have absolutely no Idea how this works! I mean, do you add lands to taste and then play with that deck? Or do you have the booster as your hand, or what? And how does card drawing work?
I still don't know how to use Excel for this stuff... And I can't get apprentice or that kind of thing...
Uh, I call tails, and mirrodin. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The booster is your hand. There is no card-drawing (unless a card allows you to). You can play one basic land per turn up to 10 lands (unless you have effects that increase it). That's pretty much it.

B

Budget Player Cadet

Ah, okay. Ransac, can you get the boosters together? I don't know how I can get them here without you knowing what I have, though.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
It wouldn't be fair for your opponent to generate the packs. Spidey, can you generate packs of Lorwyn for the two of us?

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

Ooh, I thought that the last update just got Future sight on there!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Nope, I've generated Lorwyn before, and a Morningtide match went down or is going down here.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The last official patch from magic-league is up to 10th. Since then, users have done Lorwyn and Morningtide (and I posted the links somewhere here).

You guys agreed to do Lorwyn? I thought BPC wanted Mirrodin?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
OH! Sorry, I missed that. Sure, we'll do Mirrodin. The next one will be Lorwyn.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

Cool. Mirrodin is still one of my favorite sets, up there with onslaught and Planar Chaos (I once popped three rare in one pack (magus of the library, Groundbreaker, foil Heroes remembered), and it remains a wonderful set).

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Spidey, can you change the title of this thread to Mindmaster Mirrodin: BPC vs. Ransac

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

*Grog looks at Ransac, a wild glint in his eye, and then realizes that the arena needs dusting and goes off to polish the dusty walls.*

B

Budget Player Cadet

Got that, Who starts? I called, a long time ago, Tails, flip!
Oh, are there any restriction to hand matters cards? For example, black vise or Massive Impact

B

Budget Player Cadet

Good. Plains, Auriok Transfixer, go.

BPC: 20
Hand: 14
in Play: 2

(T) Plains
(S) Auriok Transfixer (1/1 White, W, tap: tap target artifact)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Ransac: 20
Hand: 15
in Play: 0
Graveyard:
RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Okay, dude. Before I do, I gotta lay down THE golden rule. Make sure that you type out what your card does (instant and sorceries, excluded, since they don't make it into play). I don't have time to be searching the Gatherer for what all of your cards do.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

Oh, shoot! sorry, I'll fix that. I forgot; I normally do that.
Problem fixed, now its up there.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Untap, Upkeep, Forest, Brown Ouphe, Done.

BPC: 20
in Play:

(T) Plains
(S) Auriok Transfixer (1/1 White, W, tap: tap target artifact)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Ransac: 20
in Play:

(T) Forest

(S) Brown Ouphe (1/1, 1G,T: Counter target activated ability from an artifact source. (Mana abilities can't be targeted.))

Graveyard:
RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man