Call for booster

Discussion in 'Mindmaster Games' started by Spiderman, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

rokapoke and I need Alliances boosters...
  2. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

You need, you need, that's all I hear....... :D

Boosters sent ( I sent 2, not sure if we used 2 packs per player for this set or not)
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Mooseman and I need Nemesis packs...
  4. BigBlue Magic Jones

I sent you each 1 completely random Nemesis Booster.

Good Luck to you both.

(I made them in Excel since I don't have, and can't install the other products at work)

If I recall correctly - they include:
    11 commons (2 of each color except 1 which has 3)
    3 uncommons (completely random)
    1 rare (completely random)
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Thanks!

Really? The commons are distributed like that?
  6. BigBlue Magic Jones

If there are no common Artifacts, multicolors, or lands, then you usually will see a cycle of colors followed by another cycle of colors, followed by a card the same color as the first. When there's other types - then it's more random (I think they include some of those in the color stacks. I think they started doing it for more consistency in Limited in terms of spread out colors. too often you'd get 4 or 5 of one color and none of another. That gave that player an unfair advantage sometimes because they could use fewer colors to a better end.

It's been that way for a long time (watch when you open a pack - I think they usually follow the color order WUBRG) The next pack should pick up where the previous left off would be my guess. So, if a pack ends on R, the next starts with Green. Foils mess everything up of course... but for our purposes - no foils. :D

I think they completely randomize the Uncommons - because I've gotten 3 of the same color before in one booster. And of course the Rare is completely random - though in a box you tend to get different ones...

How I generate a box is to create a complete set, rotate through the commons - give 3 uncommons and one rrare. For the next booster I pick up in the commons where I left off. If I had to generate a ton of packs, I'd re-randomize commons when the first "set" ran out - but continue with Uncommons and rares until I ran out of those. I think that's how Wizards does it - but I don't think they talk about their process (if they do I haven't seen it, though I don't frequent wizards.com anymore - only when a stray link from here piques my interest).

Back in the days of revised - remember the "sheets". they even provided some sheets for sale once or twice. Back then they used to only be able to make sheets of one size - which was how lands got mixed in the Uncommons I think. By the time of Ice Age or so is when I think they moved from Carta Mundi to another plant which offered more flexability with print runs. (from my recollection of a duelist article from way back when).
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I haven't opened packs in a long time, so I never really noticed the distribution... I thought they were pretty random regardless of color. Apprentice/Magic Suitcase don't distinguish between that system, I believe...

BigBlue and I need Beta boosters...
  8. BigBlue Magic Jones

I'm sure they don't... I wish they would. I like the better distribution.

Rakarth & I need Urza's Saga boosters.
  9. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Beta Boosters sent. since Suitcase thinks lands are commons, I just generated another pack and replaced the lands with the next 3 commons in the pack.
  10. BigBlue Magic Jones

11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Thanks from me too.

US boosters have been sent.
  12. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Modus Pwnens and I need Revised boosters...
  13. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Packs sent
  14. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

rokapoke and I need Homelands boosters...
  17. Ransac CPA Trash Man

Generating 2 packs each (due to 8 cards per pack)....

Generated.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  18. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

19. Ransac CPA Trash Man

No prob, though I haven't recieved my check for generating boosters since I've returned from my hiatus.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  20. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Here it is, enjoy

............................................................//
    ..........................................................//
    ........................................................//
    ......................................................//
    ....................................................//
    ..................................................//
    .................................................//
    ................................\\............//
    ..................................\\........//