Call for booster

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman said:
rokapoke and I need Alliances boosters...
You need, you need, that's all I hear....... :D

Boosters sent ( I sent 2, not sure if we used 2 packs per player for this set or not)

B

BigBlue

Spiderman said:
Mooseman and I need Nemesis packs...
I sent you each 1 completely random Nemesis Booster.

Good Luck to you both.

(I made them in Excel since I don't have, and can't install the other products at work)

If I recall correctly - they include:
11 commons (2 of each color except 1 which has 3)
3 uncommons (completely random)
1 rare (completely random)

B

BigBlue

Spiderman said:
Thanks!

Really? The commons are distributed like that?
If there are no common Artifacts, multicolors, or lands, then you usually will see a cycle of colors followed by another cycle of colors, followed by a card the same color as the first. When there's other types - then it's more random (I think they include some of those in the color stacks. I think they started doing it for more consistency in Limited in terms of spread out colors. too often you'd get 4 or 5 of one color and none of another. That gave that player an unfair advantage sometimes because they could use fewer colors to a better end.

It's been that way for a long time (watch when you open a pack - I think they usually follow the color order WUBRG) The next pack should pick up where the previous left off would be my guess. So, if a pack ends on R, the next starts with Green. Foils mess everything up of course... but for our purposes - no foils. :D

I think they completely randomize the Uncommons - because I've gotten 3 of the same color before in one booster. And of course the Rare is completely random - though in a box you tend to get different ones...

How I generate a box is to create a complete set, rotate through the commons - give 3 uncommons and one rrare. For the next booster I pick up in the commons where I left off. If I had to generate a ton of packs, I'd re-randomize commons when the first "set" ran out - but continue with Uncommons and rares until I ran out of those. I think that's how Wizards does it - but I don't think they talk about their process (if they do I haven't seen it, though I don't frequent wizards.com anymore - only when a stray link from here piques my interest).

Back in the days of revised - remember the "sheets". they even provided some sheets for sale once or twice. Back then they used to only be able to make sheets of one size - which was how lands got mixed in the Uncommons I think. By the time of Ice Age or so is when I think they moved from Carta Mundi to another plant which offered more flexability with print runs. (from my recollection of a duelist article from way back when).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't opened packs in a long time, so I never really noticed the distribution... I thought they were pretty random regardless of color. Apprentice/Magic Suitcase don't distinguish between that system, I believe...

BigBlue and I need Beta boosters...

B

BigBlue

Spiderman said:
I haven't opened packs in a long time, so I never really noticed the distribution... I thought they were pretty random regardless of color. Apprentice/Magic Suitcase don't distinguish between that system, I believe...

BigBlue and I need Beta boosters...
I'm sure they don't... I wish they would. I like the better distribution.

Rakarth & I need Urza's Saga boosters.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Beta Boosters sent. since Suitcase thinks lands are commons, I just generated another pack and replaced the lands with the next 3 commons in the pack.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
No prob, though I haven't recieved my check for generating boosters since I've returned from my hiatus.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
No prob, though I haven't recieved my check for generating boosters since I've returned from my hiatus.
Here it is, enjoy

............................................................//
..........................................................//
........................................................//
......................................................//
....................................................//
..................................................//
.................................................//
................................\\............//
..................................\\........//
....................................\\....//
......................................\\//