C-MM-NE

F

FoundationOfRancor

Hey all. I am going to go to a pure classic, mercaidan masks, and nemesis tournement. I think there are alot of cool decks out there for this format. I dont know what to choose. If I went red control...

- 3 Flowstone Overseer
- 2 Ancient Hydra
- 3 Hammer of bogarden
- 4 Shock
- 4 Seal of fire
- 4 stone rain
- 4 Pillage
- 3 Cave in
- 3 Earthquake
- 2 Arc Mage
- 2 Blood oath
- 2 Predator
- 4 Kris mage
- 4 ports
- 2 bowls
- 16 mountain

Or theres red speed, blue control (Rising waters, tsangle wire) white/blue control... white rebel (NO!!!!)
What do you all think I should play?

A

arhar

I think you should add 4 Llacolith Rigs.... against rebel decks, that will surely flood the environment.

G

Gizmo

Flowstone Slide beats the Protection - it`s essential so I would run 4.

F

FoundationOfRancor

4 of Flowstone slide!? I was just gonna run 2 raths edge and that be that. Do ya really think I need it? I definetly put em in the side but main?

G

Gizmo

Yep - otherwise you will lose to Rebels every time when they drop a Cho-Manno, or Reverent Mantra your Cave-In, or play Cho-Manno`s Blessing. You have to use Slide as your main mass-removal spell.
Don`t forget this is a fairly slow field so you will probably be able to survive long enough, so long as you have reliable mana (28 land?, or splash Green for Skyshroud Claim).

G

Gryphonclaw

One aspect of this tourney setting that should not be ignored is the possibility of Green stompy.

Although I am biased, this is my favorite sort of deck for competetive play, it is worth noting that with nemesis stompy got a real boost.

The fading speed critters are awesome, especially blastoderm, a 5/5 for 4, that is untargetable, and stays around for 3 attacks. Then there is the skyshroud cutter, wich can be played first turn along with a skyshroud ridgeback for fast beatdown. Plus don't forget Rhox, who can be played early thanks to mana acceleration and provides a lot of pressure.
Finally there are all the classic toys, giant growth, birds of paradise, Llanowar elves, and so forth.
Fortunately there will be no rancor or invigorate silliness, nevertheless, it is worth considering.

F

FoundationOfRancor

I think the earthquakes will be able to jandle green beat. I dont know though, I'll devote some play test to it. Thaanks.