Burn, baby, Burn!!

D

Daenen

I have been playing Red since it was a color. My first mono-colored deck was Red. I love its simplicity and direct-mindedness.

Anyway, enough rambling. Here is the deck idea. It needs a little tuning, but that's why I'm posting it:

16 Mountain
4 Ghitu Encampment

4 Howling Mine
4 Powder Keg

4 Shock
4 Seal of Fire
4 Shower of Sparks
4 Arc Lightning
4 Flame Rift
4 Rhystic Lightning
2 Blaze
2 Volcanic Geyser
2 Earthquake
2 Faultline

F

FoundationOfRancor

The cinders from destiny (Creature and instant) do wonders in this deck. I would think about addign some cretures though...

T

TylersOnFire

Hey Man i like red too!! (go burn) got some Sug.....:
take out falt lines and add earthquakes total 4
add incinerate
add lightining bolt
add disintegrate and take out blaze and volcanic gyser
for creatures add 4 ball lightining (i have one i fyou need it as well as everything else that i am suggesting because i made this deck and it kicked some ass) er...FoR's that is
thats pretty much it respond if you need some of the cards!

D

Daenen

ToF, thanks for the suggestions, but this deck is supposed to be Type 2.
FoR, thank you. I dropped the Blaze and the Volcanic Geyser for 4 Scent of Cinder.
As far as adding creatures, though, long ago, I built a deck that had no creatures. I want to see if it can be done again.

I

Istanbul

Scent of Cinder always looks good on paper, but experience has taught me that with burn's tendency to empty its hand at warp speed, Scent of Cinder is a losing proposition more often than not.

Lose the Encampments, drop in two more Mountains and two Sandstone Needles. Your deck is all about speed; if your land is gonna come into play tapped, you'd better get a mana boost to make up for it.

Also, I hate to say it, but lose Rhystic Lightning. After about Turn 3, it's going to be a lame draw. Drop in four Grim Monoliths instead. After all, if you're going to be keeping your Quakes and Faultlines (which I *strongly* suggest), AND substituting two more Volcanic Geysers for your two Blazes (which I also suggest), you're going to need a mana boost.

Soooooooo...

18x Mountain
2x Sandstone Needle

4x Grim Monolith
4x Howling Mine
4x Powder Keg

4x Shock
4x Seal of Fire
4x Shower of Sparks
4x Arc Lightning
4x Flame Rift
4x Volcanic Geyser
2x Earthquake
2x Fault Line

T

TylersOnFire

sorry Daenen i didnt realaiize that you wanted type 2 definetly go with the cinders i used them in my type 1 and they work great! have fun :D

L

Lythand

Right now T2 red/burn is not to efficient. Not like the old days. Believe me I am a red player. But if I was going for speed kill, I would go with green of black beatdown. But as far as red non creature burn. It is not just plauseble in T2