Bunch o' website stuff...

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Members List--
I need to do a members list for the webpage. I need to get at least names/aliases and emails of members. I think igfett is away now, so I'll check the email address to get names and stuff there, but does anyone have any opinions of anything else we should add to the list? Age? Occupation? Years experience in Magic? Anything?

Mission Statement--
Baron, aren't you writing that mission statement for me? :) Anyone else can to if they want to...

Joining section--
Should we put up a form to do auto emailing? Or should we just have people write their own inquiries?

Casual Articles (aka Play section)--
C'mon people! Send in those articles. This will be the only interesting changing part of the site (reading a members list is not interesting)

???--
Any other section we should add?

-mike

W

Waubers

Hey Ed,

I'm currently working on a post gen con report on trading and the big hits. I am also 3/4 of the way through the new storyline book called bloodlines. When I finish I intend to wright a review on all 4 books. So in a few days or two I will have a bit of content for you.

Waubers

"I've become comfortably numb" - waubers first words uddered after he hit the couch sunday night following 2 solid days of pure gaming BLISS! "What a wonderful thing this Gen con" shortly followed.

B

Baron Sengir

Yeah, I'm working on a mission statement
as we speak. I'll have it up asap. I
hope to hear from Doust by tomorrow.
Keep your fingers crossed. He should be
done at GenCon.

I remain
The Baron

Where hope has no champion, evil rules
all.

W

Waubers

What does Mr. Doust look like? Is he of asian heritage? I am only asking becasue I visited the New Wave booth at gen con and was just wondering if I spoke with him.

B

Baron Sengir

I have no idea. What did they say about us? Anything?

W

Waubers

They didn't say much infact one of the people there didn't even know who we were. Another guy knew right away what I was talking about but he had to attend to a little poke'kid (thats the new term I came up with for those annoying little pokemon playing 10-year-olds who have invaded gen con - down with pokemon!) The other two didn't say much. Then I then left because they wanted 5 bucks for a beta Giant Growth (I don't care how good of shape its in I am not paying that much for a giant growth).

Waubers

"Pokemon - gotta kill'em all!"

B

Baron Sengir

I wonder if that guy was Doust. I wish he'd check his e-mail so he could get back to me. It would be nice to get this m*th*rf*ck*r going. I understand he's a busy man but I am getting really antsy just waiting around.

I remain
The Baron

Blair Witch Bait

W

Waubers

There was only one thing at the New Wave stand that bothered me - the lack of Magic releated stuff. They had probably as much space devoted to Pokemon as Magic. I asked for a few early cards (BB Bird of Par., BB City of Brass, BB Giant Growth, BB Wild growth, and some Foil commons) I was not given much priority. However the Poke'kids were getting a lot more preference. I say this objectivly - I hate pokemon but I understand that it can't be ignored by dealers. I got much better service at TNC and Collectors Cache who were also selling Pokemon heavily. This combined with your apperent lack of interest worries me. I think New Wave might have its prefenrences elseware. I guess I shouldn't be so harsh since they are giving us a lot for free but even so...

Waubers

Any game with a card called "Magic carp" can't be good! And by the way, just what the hell is a hitmonchan? A small Japanees hit man?!

W

Waubers

Ok it is supposed to say Their lack of iterest not your lack of interest.

Sorry

Ferret

Staff member
Naw, it comes to money. Pokemon is selling right now and they want to scoop up on its popularity while it lasts - eventually, all the kids playing it will grow up and it'll get lost in the proverbial shuffle - Magic will alway be there...

-ferret

"...welcome to GenCon 2000! Pokewhat? Never heard of it..."

W

Waubers

Ferret I hop you're right cause dang them Poke'kids are annoying. I asked one kid if he had any thran quarry for trade. He said What? I said you know the saga land that taps for any color he responded - whats a land? He then got up told his friends that his mom was here so he had to go to soccer practice.
They said pika pika to each other and then he left. I then proceeded to turn around and almost vomit! There I go again ranting about how much I hate pokemon - I have to stop doing that.

Waubers

ahh screw it you know how much I hate pokemon already.