Build-A-Deck v2: Rokapoke vs. Ransac

R

rokapoke

EOT, I'll Power Conduit a counter from the Grove to the Morphling.

Untap, upkeep -- another counter to the Morphling.
Draw.
Tradewind Rider.
Done.

Rokapoke: 12
Hand: 2
Library: 45
In play:

(TTU) Forest x3
(U) Island

Afiya Grove (~ comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, move a +1/+1 counter from ~ to target creature. When ~ has no +1/+1 counters on it, sacrifice it.) * 1 +1/+1 ctrs *
(U) Power Conduit (T, remove a counter from a permanent you control: Choose one -- put a charge counter on target artifact or put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.)

(T) Utopia Tree (0/2; T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)
(T) Viridian Joiner (1/2; T: Add an amount of G to your mana pool equal to ~'s power.)
(U) Morphling (5/5; U: Untap ~. U: ~ gains flying until EOT. U: ~ gains shroud until EOT. 1: ~ gets +1/-1 until EOT. 1: ~ gets -1/+1 until EOT.) * 2 +1/+1 ctrs *
(S) Tradewind Rider (1/4; Flying. T, tap two untapped creatures you control: Return target permanent to its owner's hand.)

Graveyard: Mirri's Guile, Commune with Nature, Strip Mine
RFG:
---------------------------------------------------
Ransac: 28
Hand: 3
Library: 46
In play:

(UTTT) Plains
(TT) Swamp

(U) Exalted Angel (4/5, lifelink, flying)
(U) Radiant, Archangel (5/5, Flying, vigilance, Radiant, Archangel gets +1/+1 for each other creature with flying in play.
(S) Selenia, Dark Angel (3/3, flying, Pay 2 life: Return Selenia, Dark Angel to it's Owner's Hand)

Graveyard: Disenchant, Demonic Tutor, Tithe, Swamp
RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Untap, Upkeep, Draw, Cover of Darkness, naming Angels. Good Game?

Rokapoke: 12
Hand: 2
In play:

(TTU) Forest x3
(U) Island

Afiya Grove (~ comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, move a +1/+1 counter from ~ to target creature. When ~ has no +1/+1 counters on it, sacrifice it.) * 1 +1/+1 ctrs *
(U) Power Conduit (T, remove a counter from a permanent you control: Choose one -- put a charge counter on target artifact or put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.)

(T) Utopia Tree (0/2; T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)
(T) Viridian Joiner (1/2; T: Add an amount of G to your mana pool equal to ~'s power.)
(U) Morphling (5/5; U: Untap ~. U: ~ gains flying until EOT. U: ~ gains shroud until EOT. 1: ~ gets +1/-1 until EOT. 1: ~ gets -1/+1 until EOT.) * 2 +1/+1 ctrs *
(S) Tradewind Rider (1/4; Flying. T, tap two untapped creatures you control: Return target permanent to its owner's hand.)

Graveyard: Mirri's Guile, Commune with Nature, Strip Mine
RFG:
---------------------------------------------------
Ransac: 28
Hand: 3
In play:

(UUUT) Plains
(UT) Swamp

Cover of Darkness (When ~ comes into play, name a creature type Angel. All Angels gain fear)

(U) Exalted Angel (4/5, lifelink, flying)
(U) Radiant, Archangel (6/6, Flying, vigilance, Radiant, Archangel gets +1/+1 for each other creature with flying in play.
(U) Selenia, Dark Angel (3/3, flying, Pay 2 life: Return Selenia, Dark Angel to it's Owner's Hand)

Graveyard: Disenchant, Demonic Tutor, Tithe, Swamp
RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

rokapoke

I wouldn't say it was that good. Haha.

Yeah, your deck being made up of all flyers gives you a distinct advantage. And I had been holding back, expecting that you had tutored Balance out of your library, so I didn't want to shoot my load too early or anything.

Well done.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
lol! Balance does have that effect on people. I actually tutored for that Tithe, since I hadn't drawn that much land. After I got my Tithe, I began to draw land after land, though.

I'd been holding the Cover of Darkness for a few turns, though I wanted to use it like I did (drop the evasion spell to win game).

I do think I lucked my way into the best deck. Balance, Vindicate, and a deck full of flyers?... not to mention Cover of Darkness is insane in a deck with this many angels..... that already have an evasion ability..... damn...

By the way: My last cards in hand were Plains, Malach of the Dawn, and Voice of Grace.

Best of luck to you!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man