• Two color (another poll)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All Commons

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Hey, Spidey. Can you explain to ME how to use Excel for these games? I left my deck in Tennessee and I'm going to be in Atlanta for 3 weeks. Please?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, in a nutshell, all you do is copy the decklist into Column A. Sort of like a glorified regular word processor. Then, if you start naming different columns for the different play areas (In Play, Hand, Graveyard, etc), you can move groups of cards to the appropriate place. A "draw" would simply be moving the top card from "Library" to "Hand".

Apparently there's a "Hidden Column" feature in Excel which lets you hide your Library so you don't see what's coming. And you can use the random function to "shuffle" by assigning the random function to each card and then sorting high-to-low or whatever.

train sent me a worksheet with all of this stuff so I didn't have to figure it out on my own :)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Recieved. Hopefully, I'll be able to figure it out and resume play with BigBlue.

Ransac, cpa trash man

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Spidey (and train)! :D

BTW, where is the "random function", and how do you assign it to the contents of a cell? :confused:

L

Limited

To add a random number to a cell, try either =ASELECT() or =RAND()
(caps or no caps, i forget)

The = causes excell to interpret the rest as a function instead of simple content.

H

hrothmar

well it seems i have a deck...

could I get one of those fine worksheets myself? my email is r.menger@student.rug.nl

about the manabase: is that supposed to be highlander as well?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, yeah, train actually sent me the spreadsheet after already shuffling my deck. I usually add the random function to a separate empty column, copy & paste it to the rest of the corresponding columns for the decklist, and then sort the decklist column and random column in whatever the default is for sorting (I think ascending, but it doesn't matter). Don't worry if, after you sort, the random numbers aren't sorted because every time you "do something" on the spreadsheet, the random number is re-calculated. But it did sort correctly according to the previous random numbers (just look for the high or low number and see if it got to the bottom or top).

hrothmar: We've been doing the mana base as non-Highlander with respect to basic, duals (regular and Ravnica), pain, and fetchlands (I'm not sure if that comprises a "category" so I just listed them).

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Spiderman said:
hrothmar: We've been doing the mana base as non-Highlander with respect to basic, duals (regular and Ravnica), pain, and fetchlands (I'm not sure if that comprises a "category" so I just listed them).
Actually, I'm pretty sure it's still Highlander-style Spidey, with no duplicates of non-basic lands. Except for the first deck or 2, of course, which was before we decided on the Highlander format and the one posting per day limit...:)

Oh, and it took me a while, but I finally figured out what you were trying to say and I know how to shuffle the cards now...:)

H

hrothmar

manabase (highlander)

Badlands
Blood crypt
Lake of the Dead
Watery Grave
Underground sea
Steam vents
volcanic island
Izzet boilerworks
Dimir Aquaduct
Rakdos carnarium
Ice floe
bloodstained mire
polluted delta
swamp 4
island 3
mountain 4

any comments?

(spreadsheet) ...received...(thx)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
DF: Sent.

TomB: Ooops. I guess I was one of the lucky first two to get more than one non-basic land... :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I realize that... it was just so long ago... :)

So, is anyone playing you hrothmar? If not, I'll play you...