Brothers Yamazaki...

R

Rooser

Brothers Yamazaki

So, who else wants to break these guys in half?

I think the green creature impulse plus the green legend tutor can fix yourself two copies of these in half a lamb's jiffy!

You do realize that as soon as you get both out they become 6/5's. :eek: And the second one hastes!:p

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Not bad at all...

Reminds me a little too much of Relentless Rats, but other than that, I like it...

R

Rooser

I realize I'm stupid and these guys only get to 4/3 size. Oh well.

M

Mikeymike

4/3 haste with Bushido still isn't too shabby.

And they gots mad flava!

I'll be playing these guys strictly out of principle. Survival gets them nice and easy like, but where's the fun in that? I prefer to try something goofy, like Captain Sisay or Dual Nature.

Yeah, Dual Nature deck, here I come.

R

Reverend Love

Excerrent, mowre powha for teh Regendary Bidding deck.

M

Mikeymike

Originally posted by train
don't forget the word "exactly" printed on them...
I think Dual Nature copies the name as well, or else its "Whenever a creature card leaves play, remove all tokens with the same name as that creature from the game." portion wouldn't work.

But it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, just ask my girlfriend.

I hope it works, I so want to build this deck (with a full batch of Winnow's as well!).

M

Mikeymike

Originally posted by Rooser
Levelend Rove! Regends don't wolk with Bidding no mole!:(
Or Belbe's Portal, which kills a 3.5 year old deck for me...(unless I go with Quicksilver Amulet, but its not the same dammit!)

T

Tabasco

He switched the 'R' and 'L' around

Ok so what happens when you have a Vernal Equinox and Dual Nature in play....And then proceed to play 2 of these guys....Do the tokens remove the orginals?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I don't think the instant speed would change much with them. It would still be essentially the same as playing a second one while Dual Nature was out...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, once you play the second "real" Brother, the token ability goes on the stack. Since there are three Brothers at this point, all three are subject to the Legend rule and all go to the graveyard as a state-based effect. Then the token resolves and is put in play.

T

Tabasco

Originally posted by Spiderman
Then the token resolves and is put in play.
Not True, because the said creature card is out of play and thus the token gets removed from the game...and is all together a waste of two brothers

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, because the "remove all tokens with the same name" will be put on the stack AFTER the "put token into play" and thus will resolve first.

Like this:

B1 and token B1 in play
Play a B2
When B2 comes into play, Token B2 is on stack (Stack: B2 token)
Legend rule is checked as state-based effect, B1, B2, and token B1 go to graveyard.
"remove tokens" is triggered and put on stack (Stack: B2 token, Remove tokens)
Assuming no responses, Remove tokens resolves and does nothing (Stack: B2 token)
B2 token now resolves and B2 token is in play.

T

Tabasco

Whoops...sorry I was mistaking the last line of the card with the "leaves play trigger"

Okay makes sense now

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Spiderman
Nope, because the "remove all tokens with the same name" will be put on the stack AFTER the "put token into play" and thus will resolve first.

Like this:

B1 and token B1 in play
Play a B2
When B2 comes into play, Token B2 is on stack (Stack: B2 token)
Legend rule is checked as state-based effect, B1, B2, and token B1 go to graveyard.
"remove tokens" is triggered and put on stack (Stack: B2 token, Remove tokens)
Assuming no responses, Remove tokens resolves and does nothing (Stack: B2 token)
B2 token now resolves and B2 token is in play.

Okay, that is how I thought it worked...

Couldn't tell from my post though, could you? :p