Brooding Saurian

L

Limited

Coldsnap contains this peculiar rare:

Brooding Saurian 2GG
Creature - Lizard
At the end of each turn, each player gains control of all nontoken permanents he or she owns.
4/4

It seems to be printed for only one purpose, namely the following Ravnica rare:

Sky Swallower 3UU
Creature - Leviathan
Flying
When Sky Swallower comes into play, target opponent gains control of all other permanents you control.
8/8

See? They even made it curve (turn four Saurian, followed by a turn five Swallower) and for no apparent reason extended the Brooding Saurian's ability to trigger every turn instead of just during your turn.

Now all we have to do, is fill in the rest of the deck. How about:

BroodingSky.dec said:
Creatures (24)
4x Brooding Saurian
4x Plaxmanta
4x Silkwing Scout
4x Sky Swallower
4x Vexing Sphinx
4x Vigean Hydropon
Spells (14)
4x Cytoshape
4x Peel from Reality
4x Simic Signet
3x Sundering Vitae
Lands (22)
9x Forest
9x Island
4x Simic Growth Chamber
I've played a couple of games with this deck already (and only once pulled of the Brooding Sky trick) but wanted to add that I love Cytoshape!
Remember that with a Vigean Hydropon in play, you can use Cytoshape to kill any creature which does not have +1/+1 counters. And, if for instance you control a Vexing Sphinx, you can turn your Hydropon into a 9/9 flying creature that can attack.

Comments? Some obvious flaws? Let me know!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No real suggestions, but I think it's a cool idea!

Does this work with the Hunted tokens also? I mean, you still "own" them even though they're under your opponent's control, right?

Tag Guard

L

Limited

Unfortunately, the have shielded the Saurian from abuse other than the Sky Swallower; he says all nontoken permanents..

Heaven forbid you might get some myr tokens from the Genesis Chamber!

T

train

He's definitely counter-blue...

He actually counters all the other control cards that would steal your critters - the creature that gains control of lands (I think it's black) and others...

but a 4/4 for 4 mana is nothing to shy back about...