Bringing back an old post!

G

garfobo

Heres an old subject with a new post. Who here thinks they have a cool, or the best quote?

M

manchot_13

I think mines the best... but unless you've read the book you probably wouldn't appreciate it :eek:(

M

manchot_13

And no, this quote in now way infers or implies any relation to magic cards like Gaea's cradle and CAt warriorl...

cheese

A

Almindhra

hey thanks FoR...I'm glad you liked it!!!

I vote for myself...because, I'm slighty egotistical...( and I don't read people's quotes...Especially if they're long )

A

Almindhra

I just don't bother to read them...Short and quick to the point are harder than big long paragraphs...Just try to get your big long quote into, how about 4 words...

See?...My quote says it all

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Sounds extremely... commanding, isn't it. :D
(Probably more appropriate for a founder.)

I

Istanbul

I am so, SO tired of that damn song.

I like my quote the best. It encourages something sorely lacking in today's society: a sense of humor.

G

garfobo

Uve had that quote a long time Istanbul. Anyway, I like my new quote, its from the new band that not many people know of, Drain STH, they are a chick Rock Band, Like Kitty, but better. And I feel the quote has plenty of inner meaning to me.

Killer Joe

I used to laugh and make fun of any and all signature quotes. My original quote was "No, magic is NOT dead." I used this because at the time there were a lot of Kevin Chen types out there proclaiming the death of magic and how it's dead so they're getting out now while the going is good.
Now, my quote reflects how I feel about those who never step outside of their "comfort zone". You know the type, the ones that NEVER play any other deck than the latest Broken.dec or commits to only tournament play because otherwise, it's useless to play casually (they think "What's the point?").
I too, don't really read extremely long quotes, but that doesn't mean that they're not important or haVE A UNIQUE MEANING (damn caps lock). IMHO, if you can't portrait your signature quote in one small paragraph, then you should maybe think of another angle.

D

Duel

I liked the one that said "the last thing I need in my life now is a bunch of fat chicks in armor reciting shakespeare in Klingon" I don't nkow who's it was, though.

Failing that, my old quote "At least I don't treat punctuation like a game of pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey."

Read Cat's Cradle. Love the quote. Read Vonnegut's "God Bless You, Mr.Rosewater" It's his best book.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

The Hidden Aspect
We resemble that remark! :D

T

theorgg

Hmmm...

I liked the Vimes one from Duel, too.

However, I kinda like my quote for me because it fits me.
sorry it's long...

A

Apollo

I like the Orgg's too, just cause it's funny. And there's nothing wrong with having a quote for a long time, if it's a good one.

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

I personally don't feel the quote i use is the best. Orgg has one of the best i've seen on the boards. My fav. quotes are: "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"(talking about weenie/horde decks here), "Don't point your finger at crazy people"(talkin bout red players), This is a complete waste of time(Blue players), and from a friend of mine"Meesa big Jon, Meesa eat everbody(Stompy decks) And longer quotes indicates that the person has too much free time, which includes me.:)