Brief Hiatus

B

BigBlue

I've been busy. We purchased a home last Friday and since then I've been moving and after taking a few days off of work, I have been trying to catch up...

Things are starting to return to normal...

Thank you for your patience.

R

rokapoke

Congrats on your home purchase. It's definitely a good time to buy, as long as you can unload your old home.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats!

Or, even better, if you're a first-time homebuyer and thus didn't have an old home to unload...

We're waiting for the market to go back up before trying to seel our home again...

Glad to see you back!

E

EricBess

Yeah, I'm not really looking to sell right now, but I've had several opportunities that I've had to stop considering because it would mean needing to move. I've honestly never felt so trapped in my life as I do now with the housing market.

Congrats on your purchase, BB. It certainly is a good time to buy. I just think it's really tough for people who were on the other end of things. I don't really feel bad for all of the people who had to forclose because they got into stupid morgage deals, but I do feel bad for people who had to forclose because they needed to move and couldn't afford two payments.

B

BigBlue

I feel bad for the people who live in places where there was one industry/employer, and that industry/employer closes shop and the folks in that town are left high and dry with worthless property...

I was watching "NOW" on PBS last winter and they were talking about the death of several communities where people couldn't really afford to live there and their homes were basically worthless... When you've got more than 1/4 of houses on the market w/ no influx of buyers... That would Suck...

I live in one of the top 25 markets in the US (according to one study). Home values here haven't so much dropped as leveled off... And they are expected to pick up again. So, it's a great time to buy...

My 3 BR home cost me about $200K... Some places in MT you can find them for $50K... but there aren't any jobs there, so it's only for those who can live on nothing... I'm fortunate enough that I was able to use 401K money as a down payment... most people around here don't have a down payment... which just sucks.