Breastfeeding Terrorists

Ferret

Staff member
A woman from Canada flying to America was branded as a terrorist last week.

She was flying w/ her newborn baby and wanted to breast-feed her child, but didn't want to use the lavaratory (due to fear of SARS). So, she covered herself up w/ her own blanket (again, refusing to use the airlines' blanket due to fear of SARS). A passenger become agitated and complained to the flight attendants. The Canadian passenger explained her situation, but to the shock of anyone sane she was dubbed a terrorist. She is now in a situation where she can be in violation of anti-terrorism laws and can actualy face JAIL TIME because she just wanted to feed her own child.

Tell me, this isn't getting a little out of hand...

-Ferret

"Are you now, or have you ever been a terrorist?"

S

Svenmonkey

I'm a terrorist. I "loitered" at an elementary school after dark. :eek:

T

train

I don't see how she would be convicted...

but someone somewhere knows that breast milk is the next WMD!:eek:

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

One outright irrational fear used to quash another's rational response to a slightly more rational fear.

But seriously, jail time? Boo.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

What, was the baby a bomb???

That's just misogyny, plain and simple.

M

Mazzak

What, so she's a terrorist because she covered herself up? Gasp, there might be a BOMB under that blanket! A baby? Probably just a baby-shaped bomb... FEINDISHLY cunning! It's about time we outlawed clothing. People can hide bombs/guns/newly sharpened 6H pencils in that! Terrorists all! Also I think bags are dangerous.

L

Lotus Mox

Clothing and bags are ok, but only if they're transparent.

Terrorist laws :rolleyes:
What happened to Patriot Act II, anyway?

S

Svenmonkey

Well if it has anything to do with the First Amendment, it mysteriously disappeared some time after Fall 2001.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Originally posted by train
ICBUS"OMG"...:eek:
:confused: HSUS"ICBUS'OMG'"OMFGROFLMAO!!!!!!!
;)
no seriously.

I didn't read that right before. Now I think the misogynist was the flight attendant or whoever made that decision. This is what prudishness can get you, though. I really doubt the people who reported that were afraid for their ******* lives.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Why, exactly, was she declared a terrorist? I mean, what part of whatever law covers that?

I can see the other passenger being upset at the "unknown", but common sense should have taken over after the explanation (so far from reading the initial post).

Ferret

Staff member
I think it's something having to do w/ causing a 'disturbance' on an international flight...

-Ferret

"the law's a little vague..."

N

Nightstalkers

History repeats itself...

Remember the "Heratics" like Nostradamus, and Joan of Arc?

Remember that history repeats itself and you will find a reverberation in the space/time/matter theory of 2094.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but what disturbance? The woman raising the ruckus seemed to be causing the disturbance, not the breastfeeding woman from what the initial post said.

Maybe someone can find more on the story... :)

E

EricBess

If anything, a breastfeeding woman is minimizing a disterbance by keeping her baby from screaming.

T

train

I'd have to agree...

"Honey, please put something in his mouth to stop him from screaming...":p