Artifacts:
4x Fire Diamond
4x Chimeric Idol

Lands:
1x Rath's Edge
20x Mountain

Card by card:

Veteran Brawlers
These make a great 2nd turn drop, and make your opponents keep 1 land untapped. Usually followed by a 3rd turn stone rain or pillage to nuke that annoying untapped land.

Hammer of Bogardan
Awesome late game utility. Works great with Chimeric Idol for late game beatdown.

Earthquake
Doesn't come too handy vs most decks.. it's kind of a late game kill card.

Shock
Kill that pesky 1st turn Ramosian Sergeant or Llanowar Elves.

Pillage
One of the best cards ever printed for red. Works as an early game land remover or a late game artifact killer.

Cave-In
If you want to smash a horde of weenies and rush in for the kill, this is the card. Tap out to attack with chimeric idols and stuff, let your seal of fires loose, then remove a tec break for a cave-in. I usually use this to kill the player.

Tectonic Break
Kind of neato on the 5th turn.. leave them with 0 lands after a couple stones and pillages, and leave you with enough to cast an idol for beatdown.

Stone Rain
Self explanatory

Seal of Fire
Nice stored damage. Great to add a little punch to your final blow and push the dude over the edge. (sory bout the metaphors im taking english rite now)

Blaze
Kill card. oh man what ever will i do with this 9 untapped land. Blaze for 8! cheesy but accurate. This card hates daze, watch out for it.

Fire Diamond
Avoids the tectonic breaks and speed up your mana, so you can 3rd turn stone rain AND shock their weener.

Chimeric Idol
I'd be stupid not to use this. It has won me like 95% of the games. Also, great counterspell bait for when i want to tectonic break the next turn.

Rath's Edge
I don't hate temporal adept anymore!
Saves you a turn of idol beatdown sometimes, too.

Mountain
Tap to add R to your mana pool

Any suggestions? Please let me have them. I will try most things if i can find someone on apprentice.

D

Duel

Well, I see one contradiction, other than that, this deck looks practically tournament-worthy.
The one card I'd remove is cave-in. The whole deck seems geared towards early-midgame domination. With either tectonic break, or bogardan + blaze. I'd take out cave-in, because it lacks the simple power of earthquake and the speed, though good, is secondary with this much mana available. I'd replace it with heart of ramos. This allows tectonic break, bogardan, and blaze to be easier and more effective cards.

T

Thrash Golem

thanks duel, as i said i'll try anything i think is worthy.

I was also thinking of maybe 1 two-headed dragon or something.. Whaddya think?

and my sideboard:

3 Brutal Suppression
4 Flashfires
4 Boil
1 Cave in
1 Tectonic Break
1 Keldon Arsonist
1 Dust Bowl

T

Thrash Golem

also, the cave in was in there cuz of it's ACC originally. you know, if they get a constant mana flow you can't kill fast enough, remove a tectonic break fromthe game to kill off the waterfront bouncers.

but this deck usually only has problems with a certain opposition deck and straight t1 burn from what ive tried.

also, an unfinished version of this lost to a kitty deck. im not ahsamed to admit!

T

Thrash Golem

hey duel.. your advice..

it sucked.

yeah ok, im being killed by 8 squirrels and rofellos and a poacher.. i draw a heart of ramos!

ne hoo

C

Cerberus

The deck looks pretty sound in my mind not great but good the only thing I will say is I like the cave-in

D

Duel

okay, sorry. Alright, assuming that the cave-ins stay, then I'd consider losing shocks or seals of fire. Normally I wouldn't do that, but you have alot of general destruction.
Use lightning dragon, perhaps.

T

Thrash Golem

every turn is very important in the early stages of the game for me..

if i bring out a 4th turn lightning dragon instead of my usual stone rain and seal of fire, then miss my next turn, that sets me back a lot.. also can be killed by vendetta, snuff out, afterlife, tons of stuff.

and no way in hell am i ever taking out seal of fire or shock.

the two headed dragon is a kill card cuz its very hard to be blocked. plus is only one turn, it can be followed up by a blaze.

D

Duel

Fair enough, but two-headed dragon seems a little too expensive. Maybe covetous? And what will you take out for it?

T

Thrash Golem

i'd probably sideboard it vs slower decks. wouldnt have enough time or free mana vs speedy decks

D

Duel

okay, I've been aprrentcing that deck, and do you know what I've found out? I can't win with it. No good reason. the deck just hates me.

T

Thrash Golem

i have no idea why..

i win with it all the time. you sure you're playing it right?

or did the kid have 4 of each mox and a bunch of avatars

K

krichaiushii

I suppose that Citadels of Pain are out of the question?

What with the other tap all lands effects your deck plays with, I feel almost compelled to ask.

Besides, the Citadel should be some good against a counter-deck. It either draws a counterspell, or it punishes them for waiting.

Then again, it kind of changes the way the deck works...

Just a thought, regardless.

T

Thrash Golem

here we go.. i destroy all your lands then citadel of pain!

now your takin an extra 0 damage a turn.

K

krichaiushii

I think this proves once again why I try to avoid duel decks. ;)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Considering that there is a total of only three people in this thread and because no one else has posted advice that you think is good, I will give my advice...

I suggest you find room to put in 1 or maybe 2 Mana Cache. You are tapping out fairly easily, and you can help get the expensive stuff faster. I mean, it's definitely better than Heart of Ramos :) ((j/k)/2 Duel) (aka I'm half joking)

T

Thrash Golem

i guess i'll try it.. its kinda slow in my opinion.. cuz they get it too.

T

Thrash Golem

dude.. check out what these cards do:

stone rain - destroy target land
pillage - destroy target land (or artifact)
tec break - each player sacks X lands

and so im pretty much making myself tap out every turn after i kill all their lands. chimeric idol isnt the core.. its just a very very nice beatdown utensil

F

FoundationOfRancor

THis deck looks pretty good.

The reason duel cannot win is because it lacks very many kill cards. Hammer and the brawlers are ok...but not good enough. Blaze is not worth it, theres better cards, take it out. A card that will fit great in this deck it:

Flowstone Overseer

This card is awesome and provides not only some end rush control but a kill card.

I suggest:
Here's my deck list.

Red:
4x Veteran Brawlers
2x Hammer of Bogardan
1x Earhquake
4x Shock
4x Pillage
3x Cave-In
2x Tectonic Break
4x Stone Rain
4x Seal of Fire
3x Flowstone overseer

Artifacts:
4x Fire Diamond
4x Chimeric Idol

Lands:
2x Rath's Edge
16x Mountain
3x Dwarven Ruins
1x Dust Bowl

What I did
- 2 Blaze
- 1 Tectonic Break
- 4 Montains
+ 3 Flowstone overseer
+ 1 Raths edge
+ 3 Dwarven Ruins
+ 1 Dustbowl
Now, your sideboard.
I am telling you as a person who has spent the all of his magic focus and money on MBC6, use mogg salvage for the sb. 4. Waters is out there, and it is a danger. So..yea.

I hope this helps man!