Brain flash!

Z

Zadok001

Ok, first of all, I feel the need to point out the little 'show all reponses' button at the bottom of the articles. I get the feeling no one is looking at the four or five responses posted last on TomB's article.

Now, onto my not-too-brilliant brain flash I just had. Disclaimers: This is basically saying the CPA doesn't need to be active, I'll just say that now so I don't get burned on it. This is also off the top of my head, no fore-planning _at ALL_. Instant idea.

The founding of the CPA conincided with the height of my anger with WotC. Joining the CPA allowed me to see something, that there _are_ brilliant, friendly Magic players out there whom I can relate to and have fun talking to.

And now, my much-foreshadowed point: The CPA is a place where players can all realize that. I know several posters came here rather P.O.ed at WotC, and have since become much less angry. Perhaps part of that has to do with the same realization I pointed out above.

I know that part of my frustration with WotC wasn't really aimed at WotC, but at the pro players I was so used to reading the writings of. Price, Zvi, etc... In my mind, at least, these people represented the massive majority of .\\agic players. I knew intellectually that they were not, but the fact that they so easily swayed the majority with their writings lead me to that mistaken idea. And I didn't really respect those guys. Good players, sure. But not _people_.

The CPA is people. Real frickin' PEOPLE. The CPA is representative of enough players to at least make me feel like those pros aren't the Masters of the Game. WotC and the DCI were a problem, and perhaps they still are. But the CPA allays at least a portion of that problem, simply by existing, and showing that at least _some_ people talk back.

"IMHO, of course."

C

ChasDen

To quote from another thread, I wrote the following:

Positive reinforcement is also sometimes lost in discussions like this. For those of us “Activist’s” We sometimes forget to mention the positive.

So I will start:

Why I joined
1. I share the believe that the game took on a “pro” life of its own. I am a casual player who plays this game for fun not profit.
2. I found a group of people who shared the above beliefs and could meet them in a relaxed environment with no pressure or prejudice.
3. Informative and helpful information is shared among the members from game play to other collectables. Helping one another whoever needed.
4. And countless other reasons often too small to think of. I have come across a variety of people that I consider “friends” even though I don’t even know what they look like. I have often found out months later how old someone was and was shocked. “Juveniles” come in all ages, and so do the wise.

I felt the need to put it here because it applies here also. A lot of people have become less vocal, some out of frustration it may be falling on deaf ears, others because they have found someone and somewhere else to “hang out” -

HERE ! YEA !!!

I like the people here, I like the conversations and most of all the friendships it is creating.