Bragging Rights

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FadingInsomniac, May 13, 2000.

1. FadingInsomniac New Member

Hey. I just wanted to say that after 9 HOURS of being in the Holt Junior High School gym, I was crowned the #4 wrestler in the district (which is one third of Michigan). I ended up 2-2, and the guy who won the district title last week by beating me, well, let's just say our match ended 12-1 and he didn't go home happy. So, uh, I guess that's all I wanted to say.

:)
  2. Multani Treetrunk Guy

Tag Guard

Congrats Fading!!
  3. Apollo Bird Boy

congratulations--what weight class?

Apollo
  4. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

Whoa, an athletic Magic player!

Congratulations, Wrassler.
  5. FadingInsomniac New Member

I weighed in at 154 pounds, so it was the 160-pound weight class (150-160 lbs)
  6. FoundationOfRancor The Gunslinger

Nice job man! I could take you...
  7. Multani Treetrunk Guy

Tag Guard

You wrestle FoR?.... Ahhhh.
    It figures. :D
  8. linsivvi New Member

TAG GUARD

Hey, i could take all of you, blindfolded, with both my hands tied behind my back. And in case you are wondering i am not planing on proving that any time soon. Or ever for that matter
  9. FadingInsomniac New Member

Don't worry, FoR doesn't wrestle. He's too scrawny.
  10. Multani Treetrunk Guy

Tag Guard

Ed, isn't Fading supposed to be a CPA Member instead of a New CPA Member?
  11. Mr_Pestilence Wumpus

Beats wrestlin' Granny for her coin purse, I guess.
  12. Spaceman Spiff New Member

I know a wrestler at my local game shop, he always talks about how he beat this guy in a match and stuff, of well
    congrats fading, And BTW I cleaned one of the 5 most hardest bike trails in my town, which has upto 6 foot drops
    thats my bragging right :D
  13. Apollo Bird Boy

Oh yeah? Well, I... um, well I... darn. I got it! I won my school spelling bee in the fifth grade! ha! eat that! :D

Apollo
  14. FadingInsomniac New Member

Always nice to see a fellow biker, Spaceman Spiff. Congrats. And Apollo? I did it in 2nd grade, with the entire school[/u], including fifth graders, in the running. Even so, good job. Oh, BTW, Linsivvi, I don't want this moved to the Battle Arena, but I'll explain myself in 3 words: "Bring it on."
  15. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

Uh....
    A couple of years ago, I won $100 in gift certificates to Foot Locker when I used 1-800-CALL-ATT to call my mom.
    Does that count? :p
  16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Tag Guard

Oooo, oooo.... (how do you spell the sound that comes out when you round your lips and kind of sounds like a monkey? I don't want "ooohhh" 'cause that's more like a "realization" type feeling; I want the feeling like you know the answer and are raising and waving your arm frantically. KnowwhutImean?)

Anyway, my wife and I won the hula hoop contest on a cruise ship. We each got a 14 inch carat gold PLASTIC trophy... woo-hoo!
  17. Spaceman Spiff New Member

18. Ed Sullivan CPA Founder, Web Guy

That description was just sooo.... ummm... interesting. Yeah, that's it ;)

Well, if you want bragging rights stuff, ([big time bragging]) my old soccer team won the Pennsylvania State Championship, was invited to play in a premier league in Philly (which is about 75 minutes to games), avoided all the first year rules (all games away, starting in "B" division), and one numerous other tourneys. I have like 8 trophies and 30 medals :) [/big time bragging]

Then I quit soccer :) - hey, I played 11 months a year (August - November outdoor, November - Feb/March indoor, March - mid June outdoor) from 8 to 15.

...now I'm a hockey player, I just don't play on a "team" :D
  19. cardman11 New Member

nice job jeff, even though i already knew that, im bored so i thought i congrats u
  20. Multani Treetrunk Guy

Tag Guard

Here's my bragging right.
    1230 on the SAT.
    Not so good for a 12th grader, but .....
    WHAT ABOUT FOR A 7th GRADER? :D

2nd Brag: I won a multigame of 4 or 5(I can't remember) after being mana-screwed for 10 turns!
    Not that impressive of a brag, but not very easy to do either. :D