Box and Random...

T

train

Is it really a random sort for boxes...

Out of the box of Darksteel I got on 2 Whispersilk Cloaks...

What kind of messed up @#$%^@#5 is that!...

That's 1 in every 18 packs - that's almost rare for this small of a set...

T

train

Well... for 3.69 MSRP - they need to be doing better distribution... especially if they want prices to keep going up...;)

M

Mr_Pestilence

I just can't believe card distributin is "random". I opened 2 boxes of Darksteel and got exactly 4 Skullclamps. That's great for me, but some uncommons I got like 10 of, and others 1 or 2. At the same time, I got 3 of some rares (the crappy ones) and of course 0 of others (the good ones).

T

train

tried a while back - but got lost in the forums...

haven't mentioned it to anyone... but you guys...

N

Nightstalkers

lol, I got a precon and 2 boosters of darksteel... Opened up the packs and got the same lineup of commons/uncommons but a different rare :rolleyes:

Nightstalker Habuki

R

Reverend Love

I feel ya Mr. Pestilence..I opened 3 boxes and recieved 4 Skullclamps! However I'm up to my ears in crappy Arcbound Crushers..

Which btw I'am still waiting for the PM Spidey listing the Arcbounds you want.

T

train

Not to speak for him - but I sent him a stack of Darksteel commons - arcbounds included - so he may want more of the uncommons or rares if he builds that way...;)

Didn't know if you sent him a list previously - but that might make the list more manageable for both of you...:cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dude, I apologize... still haven't brought in my meager Darksteel to count... and now with train's stuff on the way... but I'll try my darndest to remember for tomorrow :(

M

MagicMan

Akkk...My friend told me to buy a box of Darksteel and I did...No Ravager and only 1 Skullclamp!!...Hmmmm, THAT SUCKS!!! But then I picked up 10 packs of Mirrodin and made out quite nicely...

N

Notepad

Bought 3 or 4 boxes of Onslaught. Only opened TWO Slice and Dice cards...

Argh! That's the uncommon I really wanted, too! I think I still don't have a playset of those things.

N

Notepad

Its no big deal, as I don't play red that much, anyway. Though, four would go really nice in my Varchild's War Riders deck. :D

T

train

I ran the following as back-up in my riders deck...

Caltrops...;)

Subterranean Spirit...:D

N

Notepad

I like the caltrops idea. Sad thing is, I've had my war riders deck off and on for years, but I've only played it maybe three times total. Its current build is a lot of "I'm the table's buddy!" stuff like Mana Flare, the War Riders, Howling Mine, etc...

Of course, Earthquake and Slice and Dice are in there, too. :D

BLOW UP THE WORLD!!!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I got 4 War Riders so I could build an MP deck last year but did I? Noooo.... still sitting in my box waiting to come out :(

;)

T

train

in the closet right...

spidey - your stuff has to "come out of the closet."...:p

War riders is a fun deck because it is cheap to build, cheap cc to play, and mono-red is easy to maintain...;) :cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I was actually going to make it R/B because of the Single Card Strategy in the Duelist about using it with Pestilence (way back), and now there's Terminate and whatnot.

T

train

Hadn't thought of pestilence with it - not a bad idea... or you could not use the pestilence and go engineered plague!...;)