Bourbon Vanilla [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Abilities. Who needs 'em? Not my maindeck creatures, that's for sure.

Commander
1 Jasmine Boreal of the Seven

1 Abundance
1 Anointed Procession
1 Arid Mesa
1 Ashnod's Altar
1 Aura of Silence
1 Bala Ged Recovery
1 Barbary Apes
1 Beast Within
1 Boseiju, Who Endures
1 Craw Wurm
1 Crop Rotation
1 Crucible of Worlds
1 Cultivate
1 Doubling Season
1 Durkwood Boars
1 Earthcraft
1 Elite Vanguard
1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Expedition Map
1 Fecundity
1 Flooded Strand
9 Forest
1 Gaea's Cradle
1 Generous Gift
1 Grizzly Bears
1 Harrow
1 Idyllic Tutor
1 Ironroot Treefolk
1 Isamaru, Hound of Konda
1 Jasmine Boreal
1 Kalonian Tusker
1 Keepers of the Faith
1 Kodama's Reach
1 Lightning Greaves
1 Marsh Flats
1 Maze of Ith
1 Memnite
1 Misty Rainforest
1 Moss Monster
1 Mox Diamond
1 Muraganda Petroglyphs
1 Mutavault
1 Nature's Claim
1 Night Soil
1 Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
1 Overgrowth
1 Pearled Unicorn
1 Pendelhaven
1 Phyrexian Walker
9 Plains
1 Regrowth
1 Roiling Regrowth
1 Sandwurm Convergence
1 Saproling Cluster
1 Savannah
1 Savannah Lions
1 Seasons Past
1 Sir Shandlar of Eberyn
1 Skullclamp
1 Sol Ring
1 Squire
1 Squirrel Nest
1 Sterling Grove
1 Strip Mine
1 Swiftfoot Boots
1 Swords to Plowshares
1 Sylvan Library
1 Sylvan Scrying
1 Teferi's Protection
1 Temple Garden
1 Torsten Von Ursus
1 Tragic Arrogance
1 Umezawa's Jitte
1 Verdant Catacombs
1 Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree
1 Wasteland
1 Watchwolf
1 Wild Growth
1 Winds of Abandon
1 Windswept Heath
1 Wooded Foothills
1 Worldly Tutor

Last edited:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
For a deck that actually runs things like Craw Wurm and Ironroot Treefolk, this deck holds up reasonably well. The new Jasmine Boreal's abilities turn mediocre creatures into real threats. I could easily have tuned this list better, but the chance to run so many old school vanilla creatures was an opportunity I couldn't pass up.

Seasons Past did it again! Accidental infinite combo. I knew that this deck had Earthcraft + Squirrel Nest, but I didn't expect to run into a Seasons Past loop to go infinite instead.

Ashnod's Altar + Saproling Cluster + Fecundity + Anointed Procession lets me dig through my deck. Sacrifice a creature, make 2 mana, spend 1 mana to discard the card I just drew and make 2 saproling tokens, rinse, repeat. This makes lots of 1/1 saprolings and lots of colorless mana, but it is not infinite. However, if I dig up Seasons Past, I can get effectively refill my hand. Seasons Past needs green mana, but as long as I have some to get started, I can throw Harrow and Crop Rotation into the loop to get Gaea's Cradle back onto the battlefield untapped. The result is infinite mana of all three of my colors, infinite saproling tokens, and the potential to repeatedly loop through any spells in my deck that I like. This deck is built around vanilla creatures, but as long as I have a few creatures that don't have summoning sickness, I can do silly stuff like looping Beast Within and Winds of Abandon to make sure that my opponents have no permanents, looping Nature's Claim or Swords to Plowshares for infinite life, and throwing Nissa, Voice of Zendikar in there to infinitely stack +1/+1 counters on my creatures. My only haste enablers are Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots, so my ability to truly end the game on the spot is constrained by creatures that I already had on the battlefield at the start of the turn. But that should be more than sufficient (and was, in the case of this particular game).

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This deck isn't particularly fast or powerful, but it's hilarious. I run obsolete stuff like Pearled Unicorn and Ironroot Treefolk, but I'm seen as a big threat because everything is, to most opponents, unblockable. So I tend to get killed first, but I go out swinging.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Night Soil for the win! Such a good card. This time, it ended up being the missing piece to make Fecundity + Ashnod's Altar explosive, which then won me the game.