Bottle of Suleiman

D

Dead

Bottle of Suleiman 4
Artifact Rare
Illus. DiTerlizzi 6E

<1, Sacrifice Bottle of Suleiman>: Flip a coin. If you lose the flip, Bottle of Suleiman deals 5 damage to you. If you win the flip, put a 5/5 Djinn artifact creature token into play. That creature has flying.

Basically, i purchased 3 boosters today and got this, Kangee and Meteor Crateor. Not exactly spectacular, but i don't wanna just jam then in the trade binder, so on the bus home i was trying to figure out some ways to abuse it. Not much luck...

Basically, a 5/5 flying artifact creature for 5 isn't spectacular now- banishing effects have replaced terror so it's no longer so resilient to removal, and it can't kill a blastoderm and survive. SO why is it worth the risk of taking 5?

My ideas so far have been using COP: Artifacts to keep me alive if it goes wrong (or a pariah/cho-manno lock), and Hanna to keep recursing it so that i have lots of 5/5 flyers, which is somewhat more desirable. However, i can't comoe up with anything spectacular that makes it preferable for a WU build over blinding angel, and there are plenty of better uses for Hanna.

So, over to you lot!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The coin flip alone makes the card a 50/50. If you had a card that said "You win the coin flip of your choice" that would be a good combo... :)

So really, it's more of a backup card, not really something to build a deck around. I would go with your damage prevention theme and find other cards that would benefit from it and throw in the Bottle as a little "help" card, but wouldn't rely on it to carry you to victory.

Like Armageddon Clock or something... ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
that helps... :)

Technically speaking, you can build a deck around ANY card. It's just how "tight" it is will determine how successful you are with it. If you want be quasi-successful, don't rely on the Bottle.

But if you want a Djinn theme deck, have fun! :)