Bottle of Suleiman

Discussion in 'Single Card Strategies' started by Dead, Mar 19, 2001.

1. Dead CPA thread-killer

Bottle of Suleiman 4
    Artifact Rare
    Illus. DiTerlizzi 6E

<1, Sacrifice Bottle of Suleiman>: Flip a coin. If you lose the flip, Bottle of Suleiman deals 5 damage to you. If you win the flip, put a 5/5 Djinn artifact creature token into play. That creature has flying.

Basically, i purchased 3 boosters today and got this, Kangee and Meteor Crateor. Not exactly spectacular, but i don't wanna just jam then in the trade binder, so on the bus home i was trying to figure out some ways to abuse it. Not much luck...

Basically, a 5/5 flying artifact creature for 5 isn't spectacular now- banishing effects have replaced terror so it's no longer so resilient to removal, and it can't kill a blastoderm and survive. SO why is it worth the risk of taking 5?

My ideas so far have been using COP: Artifacts to keep me alive if it goes wrong (or a pariah/cho-manno lock), and Hanna to keep recursing it so that i have lots of 5/5 flyers, which is somewhat more desirable. However, i can't comoe up with anything spectacular that makes it preferable for a WU build over blinding angel, and there are plenty of better uses for Hanna.

So, over to you lot!
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

The coin flip alone makes the card a 50/50. If you had a card that said "You win the coin flip of your choice" that would be a good combo... :)

So really, it's more of a backup card, not really something to build a deck around. I would go with your damage prevention theme and find other cards that would benefit from it and throw in the Bottle as a little "help" card, but wouldn't rely on it to carry you to victory.

Like Armageddon Clock or something... ;)
  3. Baskil CPA Member

Put things like Goblin Bookie in it.
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

that helps... :)

Technically speaking, you can build a deck around ANY card. It's just how "tight" it is will determine how successful you are with it. If you want be quasi-successful, don't rely on the Bottle.

But if you want a Djinn theme deck, have fun! :)