Bomber free

E

EricBess

turgy22;288890 said:
My first thought when I heard about that - are the airlines going to mandate that everyone remove their underwear while going through security now? I mean, we had the shoe bomber, now everyone has to take off their shoes. The natural progression implies that if someone smuggles a bomb in their underpants... well, I think you get what I'm saying.
lol - this was exactly what I was thinking also. The system is so reactionary. When they started making everyone take off shoes just because someone tried to get a bomb through it their shoe...was it a bad idea to make people take off their shoes before? Are we about trying to make flying safer or just trying to address "known" threats and by "known", I mean ones that have already happened, not ones that are the next logical step.

No matter what security measures we put in place, the terrorists will find a way to circumvent it if they are determined. Making people take off shoes only meant that they wouldn't be smuggling it in a shoe anymore. The advantage of the full body scan is that it is at least something that will make it harder for them. Scanning shoes did absolutely nothing to keep us safer.

T

train

Yeah... sucks when just taking the shoes off the have them scanned could cause a Homeland Security alarm with HazMat called out... sheesh...

T

train

So - back on this topic - The boy is now "free as a barn swallow" and letting all his tunes go...

Does that make his attempt to kill a plane full of people any less terroristic?

No - treat him as an enemy combatant, and off with 'em...