BoardGameGeek

Killer Joe

Hi Guys!
I now live a life pretty much Magic free (played 4 games since November 2015) and am forever lost to board gaming.

My recent BG vices are Memoir '44, Arkham Horror: The Living Card Game, Splendor & Cottage Garden.

I still miss those days of Spidey and the girl (can't remember her name now) who wrote with a Southern accent, Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! Fun times.

Killer Joe

WHIMSICAL!!!!! Yes, that's her....we're talking like 10+ years ago.....
and what about The Duke? Some pretty heated discussions right after 9/11 with that guy

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It was actually about 17 years ago... man, what you guys remember....

Glad you're still around KJ... and Gizmo too! :eek:

G

Gizmo

Still around... and CPA is about to get a namecheck in my next blog, actually! X-Wing is going through a bit of a hypercompetitive moment like Magic was back in the combo winter that spawned this place.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Just did a quick look - didn't know you stopped playing Magic only a couple of years ago (or is that cards in general?)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, nice read. When did you ever find time to study while at university? :) I only got into Man-o-War and Blood Bowl barely; people around tried them once and that was it.

Killer Joe

Mooseman & his lovely wife came to our house the other night to play Eldritch Horror (we beat Azathoth in 3.5 hours), he & I talked about the CPA and so I thought I'd drop by to say hi!

We talked about Magic briefly, I told him I did buy the duel deck kit called "Mind vs Might" they UR & RG respectively decks. I haven't played them yet but did look through the cards, I knew most of the cards and some I didn't but nothing really confusing.

I won't say I will never play magic again but I can say that most likely I'll NOT play at the pace I once did especially when I was running our little Multi-Player Magic League (MML where there were no banned or restricted cards except "UN" cards & cards with the text "Ante" and a 75 card minimum deck limit).

I bought Battle Royale back in the day and have all the original cards, Battle Royale has 4 pre-con decks that are 40 cards big, I'd like to play that sometime.

I'm going to take a looksee around the sight, glad to still see some familiar names!