Blue Weenie Beatdown

D

Daenen

I am trying to build a good T2 blue weenie deck. It's kind of based off of the one that won the Missouri State Championships. Well, here it is:

16 Islands
4 Saphrazzan Skerry
4 Faerie Conclave

4 Rootwater Theif
4 Cloudskate
4 Cloudsprite
4 Cloud of Faeries

4 Counterspells
4 Miscalculation
4 Brainstorm
2 Snap
2 Daze
2 Annul
2 Seal of Removal

The deck is a lot of fun to play, but I think that it could be better. If you can help, please do. Thank you in advance.

G

Gizmo

This is my Wheel Of Phish version:

4 Cloud Sprite
4 Cloud Of Faeries
2 Rootwater Thief
3 Rishadan Airship
1 Indentured Djinn
2 Somnophore

3 Miscalculation
4 Counterspell
4 Boomerang
3 Thwart
3 Coastal Piracy
3 Treachery

2 Conclave
4 Rishadan Port
18 Island

SB
4 Sigil Of Sleep
3 Annul
3 Douse
3 Hibernation
2 Zur`s Wierding

G

Griffith_se

I like Accumulated Knowledge better than Brainstorm. You can draw and keep 10 cards rather than draw 12 discard 4. Just something to think about. What's your opinion?

Griffith_se

D

Dune Echo

Question: Is Cloudskate really an effective creature? In beatdown, maybe, but multiplayer control? Is it any good?

D

Duel

Wanna have fun? go buy "Breakdown" The deck sucks, but the idea it gave me is cool: bounce faders. I played a green/blue fade-return deck that worked like a charm. the decklist was something like this:

Land:
8 forest
8 islands
2 fairie conclave
2 treetop village

Creatures:
4 Skyshroud Ridgeback
4 Cloud of Faeries
2 Cloud Spirit
4 Cloudskate
2 Waterfront Bouncer

Spells:
2 Puffer extract (pump, bounce)
4 Rancor (duh!)
3 seal of strength
4 giant growth
4 curfew
4 snap
3 seal of removal

And it's type 2 legal

A

arhar

Why no 4 Indentured Djinn? It's a 4/4 Flyer for 3!!!!! Yes, I know, it sucks in a multiplayer. But no one's gonna draw 3 Terrors because of it!

D

Duel

I don't use rare cards. Of the five decklists I've posted, ojne of them uses rares, and that one has two dawnstriders, that's it.
Check through them, my decks all cost under 20$ to build (with two exceptions, that I haven't posted).
"Why?" you ask? Because I don't like spending money. Also because it's fun to beat down on the 100$ green crusher deck with my 10$ suicide black.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Back to the original questions about the deck, I think you should more creatures or at lest replace em with more reliable. Cloudskate is good, but u need somethin to back it up. and the 1/1's and 1/2's arent very good. I throw in some bounce and yes, accumalted knowledge. Also, i would push daze up to 4 cuz u wanna be tapped out alot. Also play with cowardice. Oh and splahing red might be a good idea, I did that and the deck si SO good.

A

Arawn

Duel is wrong his 10$ black does not usually beat my 60$ crusher. In fact none of his 20 decks do very well against it.But there is somethuing important to say. Indentured Djinn is possibly the worst uncommon card ever made. Sure an air elemental is cool for just 3 mana. But the drawback is obscene Whoopdee do lets cast ancestral recall on our opponent that is a great idea i have never lost a game when someone used that card