Bloodbond March

L

Limited

I've been trying to break the following card for quite some time now:

Bloodbond March
Enchantment
Whenever a creature spell is played, each player returns all cards with the same name as that spell from his or her graveyard to play.

First, I thought it would be enough if I simply took more advantage of the enchantment, that would be enough. So, a Ravnica block dredge deck was constructed, which I played a couple of times before admitting defeat. I hadn't dared to play the enchantment once, seeing how other players could potentially benefit from it.

When Dissension came, it brought us two options: Leyline of the Void and Loaming Shaman. Somehow, I figured this would work tremendously well and immediately I began to complicate stuff by adding a third color: blue. The deck looked something like this:
BloodbondSimic.dec said:
Creatures (30)
4x Civic Wayfinder
4x Dimir House Guard
3x Golgari Thugg
4x Loaming Shaman
4x Patagia Viper
4x Shambling Shell
4x Trygon Predator
3x Vigean Hydropon
Spells (8)
4x Bloodbond March
4x Leyline of the Void
Lands (22)
10x Forest
3x Golgari Rot Farm
1x Island
2x Novijen, Heart of Sages
3x Simic Growth Chamber
3x Swamp
I wanted to maximize on creatures, thereby forgetting all creature removal. The deck failed spectacularly several times, mostly because of mana issues.

So now, I've redone it, strictly Golgari. The most important method of removal would be through Savra, Queen of the Golgari and a couple of 'self-sacrificing' multicolor creatures. This would also make multiple Bloodbond Marches on the table less redundant.
Next, I've added more lifegain to be able to draw out multiplayer games.
Look at this:

TheRealBloodbondMarch.dec said:
Creatures (28)
4x Dimir House Guard
3x Golgari Guildmage
4x Golgari Rotwurm
3x Golgari Thugg
4x Gristleback
2x Savra, Queen of the Golgari
4x Shambling Shell
4x Verdant Eidolon
Spells (10)
4x Bloodbond March
4x Golgari Signet
2x Leyline of the Void
Lands (22)
9x Forest
4x Golgari Rot Farm
9x Swamp
Now, I need to find a way to include some Artifact and Enchantment removal.. or do I? I was thinking about adding Indrik Stomphowler, I'll have to take another look at some of the new recover spells.. perhaps Grim Harvest?

Your input is wanted!!

T

train

Blood Vassal, Grim Harvest, Jet Medallions...

Priest of Gix, Ashnod's Altar, etc... would also work... Gix is free as it is - but more freeness?!....

Run that with your Buried Alives...