Block

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Could we do both at the same time? Have the MP game going while people are playing their individual matches?

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

Do we have to play the same build for both? It'd be cool to run a storm cauldron deck in multiplayer, but totally not in singles.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'd rather do separate decks for both. A deck that's tuned for beating one opponent will often suck in multiplayer and a deck that works well in multiplayer might not be good at beating one opponent. Maybe building a deck to do both would add an additional element of challenge, but it seems like you have to sacrifice one to the other and it eliminates certain strategies (most aggro decks won't have enough late game power to win in multiplayer).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I was being selfish ;), as I don't really have the time to build two decks. But if the majority wants to go that way, that's fine with me.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman;282613 said:
Well, I was being selfish ;), as I don't really have the time to build two decks. But if the majority wants to go that way, that's fine with me.
Well, you could use the same deck for both. Or you could say you're going to here but be lying and surprise people when they expect to be facing the same deck. :p

I don't know. I'm kind of a bad deckbuilder (getting a bit of a feel for it again I guess after all the forum games here) and don't think I'd be able to make a deck that doesn't suck for singles if it's good at multiplayer or suck at multiplayer if it's good at singles. I suppose that could be considered to add an element of challenge to it, but I don't know if I'm up for that much challenge...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'll probably stick with the same core deck, maybe make a couple of changes to take advantage of MP.

Okay, so it's decided? You can play whatever deck you want in singles and whatever deck in MP; they don't have to be the same. Let's get building and start this thing!

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

Haha, I'm so not. I'll work on it tomorrow, should have it by spiderman(Monday) day.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
<sigh> After my gung-ho speech, of course I didn't follow it and am not ready yet. I'll work on it today, but the other pairings can begin if they're ready.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Pairings? What Pairings?
I have a duel deck ready, but not the multi-player deck....... hmmmm have to work on this... well... at work... where else?

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

I keep putting this off. I say Oversoul draws up the brackets, we shoot to have decks for the multiplayer done by Wednesday, and roll out the round robin on monday.

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

Ok, We'll start the multiplayer game tomorrow. If you don't have your deck ready, man... why not?