Blinkmoth Nexus

13NoVa

definitly trade foder to the block and type 2 players who want it...

it will be worth i'd say 5-6 bucks because everyone in type 2 will want 4.

M

Mikeymike

Cool, I thought I was the only one who wasn't crazy about this card.

Don't get me wrong, it is quite efficient, but it is also quite blah (IMO at least, for whatever that is worth). Sure it's got flying, but I think I prefer the original's extra 1 P/T. Being able to swing for 2 on turn 2 is always nice.

I'm not looking forward to mono-blue control with blinkmoth beatdown, but thankfully that is unlikely in the current environment.

At least it blocks Broodstar.

G

GauntletKing

What card is this stupid combo machine a remake of?

I can't believe how much better metalworker got with Mirrodin, but this is planned abuse.

I guess it's good for the game though to promote its own history.

N

NorrYtt

I think he's great. I pulled on in Sealed and beat the hellatta people. I think the next is in between Mishra's Factory (Type I power level) and Faerie Conclave (played heavily during Urza Broke Constructed as most manlands were).

• No drawbacks besides colorless mana and being nonbasic.
  • 2 mana 1/1 flyer on offense.
  • 3 mana 2/2 flyer on defense.
  • 1 mana 1/1 tapped artifact if necessary.
  • Modular target.
  • Shrapnel Blast (or similar) fodder)
  • Immune to Sorcery-speed removal.
  • Immune to Oblivion Stone.
  • Chump blocks things like Broodstar as a minifog.

I think the Nexus will be everywhere in Standard since it's basically a free threat that can soak up removal like Wing Shards.

In casual play, you can equip it and beat down in a pinch as well. Give that flying evasion its due.

D

DeathMaster666

I think its overrated. Of course, that may be because I don't have any.

N

Nightstalkers

I love it! their bringing back oldies while fixing the mistakes they made in the first place with these remakes of great oldies.

You people have to look at it this way: 10th anniversary, we're starting out with a new core set with some really great oldies that haven't been reprinted in a while.

In another frame of thought, they're remaking the beginnings of magic (Alpha through Revised) and fixing the cards so they cannot be so abused like they were in the first place.

WHEW! I'll be here all night people!

Nightstalker Habuki

O

orgg

How was Mishra's Factory broken? It was a good card, granted, but it was far from broken.

The +1/+1 ability from the Nexus should NOT cost (1).

Since it does... well, it just makes it less efficient, since every time you want to use that ability you have to tap two lands. That kind of assistence gets expensive, quickly.

N

NorrYtt

Well in my playtesting I've found Blinkmoth Nexus to be basically 4 extra (though small) threats built right into the mana base.

Contested Cliffs is strong because it's repeatable removal that doesn't even take up spell slots. Manlands are threats that don't take up spell slots.