Blackout '03

T

train

I was wondering that yesterday Spidey...

Anyone else up there... doing okay?...

Pictures of people spending the night in front of the New York City Post office seemed very... odd...

And the looting that occurred - anyone on the CPA grab anything?...

jk:p

N

Nightstalkers

I often wonder why I'm associated with this organization...

Crews have been dispatched to deal with the power problem. Please keep checking back for details.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
The Nightstalkers

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I live in Massachusetts but here (eastern Mass) we're fine.

A

Apollo

Here in Cleveland, we were out until this morning, but we're back online now--except the water is out in some places (ours is spotty, but working at the moment) and they have a boil alert for those places that DO have water. Luckily, my dad filled a few bottles when the power went out and we don't have to worry about it for a while. I was playing tennis in the park yesterday when the power went out, and so I never even knew until someone came down to the courts and told me. I went to a party later on, and the fun is kinda diminished when you can't see, but it was all right--we built a bonfire, and went swimming in the dark. Later we all piled into vans at about 1 am and decided to drive to civilization, which turned out to be two cities south in Brunswick. We were looking for cold drinks, because there was nothing at the party, but there was a 45-minute wait at Denny's because it was the only restaurant with power anywhere that was open at 1 am. We ended up stopping at a gas station and just getting cokes, then went back to my friend's house and crashed. I slept on the couch, and got woken up at about 6 am when the TV suddenly came to life and the lights came on and scared me to death.

An interesting night, to be sure. :)

N

Nightstalkers

Did someone say my... nevermind.

Its a trifle inconvenience, but this kind of thing sure does make life more enjoyable when it happens every once in a while like this.

G

Gerode

My area loses power several times during the year. No big deal. Although I've never been trapped in an elevator or subway...

D

DÛke

Wasn't there a "Cross"-shaped construction leftovers found at the foundation of the collapsed Twin Towers? And they said: It's a Sign from The Lord: We Shall Prevail! And I Wept!

IS THE BLACKOUT A SIGN FROM THE LORD JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!???????

N

Nightstalkers

Well...

The point of the problem is shaped like a + on the technical maps...

Does that count for anything?

S

Svenmonkey

It is a sign from Jesus Christ Amazing Son of God Wow. We need to drive the heathens (emphasis) from the land and proclaim Almighty Lord God Shoot He's Cool as our leader.

N

Nightstalkers

You people are so easily swayed by religion.

But thats a touchy subject for most people.

Killer Joe

It could be that our relay power stations were built like a two lane road way back when but are used today as a super highway.

S

sageridder

I tried to bring my electric pig online and ....well.... it was unproperly grounded ...I guess .. and it caused this kinda feedback loop and well .. sorry everyone.

A

Apollo

Right after I posted that last message, my power went down again for another several hours. That was fun, lemme tell ya... but once again, everything's back up and running *crosses fingers*.

M

Mazzak

That was a sign from GOD that electricity is EVIL and we all must become AMISH or burn in HELL. Sooooo obvious.

Ferret

Staff member
Maybe they tied the power syste into MTGO's main server...it would explain their reliability...

-Fe

"<click>"

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Originally posted by Mazzak
That was a sign from GOD that electricity is EVIL and we all must become AMISH or burn in HELL. Sooooo obvious.
I wouldn't mind using the phrase "We do things different around here, english", but the black woolen clothes would do it for me. slow roasted Azreal is not a good thing.

N

Nightstalkers

Slow roasted Azreal would be tasty... but I'm not in the mood for human flesh at the moment.

But isn't electricity a lovely thing to have around at times? it braught us out of colonial times quite boringly.