black and red control

• Thread starter immortal grave walker
  • Start date
I

immortal grave walker

This is a deck I put together and it seems to do well against any dek it has faced. Im still trying to work cards in and out. so if you have any ideas that might make it better than please do.

THE DECK

1-kamahl,pit fighter
2-earthquake
2-breath of darigaaz
4-flaming gambit
4-fiery temper
2-violent eruption
2-recoup
4-urza's rage

4-terminate
1-smoldering tar
1-mirari

4-innocent blood
2-mind sludge
1-insidious dreams
1-spreading plague
1-yawgmoth's agenda
1-laquatus's champion
1-chainer's edct

1-urborg volcano
1-tainted peak
3-sulfurous springs
9-mountains
8-swamps

The deck is basicaly seek and desrtoy. Try to keep creatures off the board. then cast a few flaming gambit's backed up by a couple of rages,game over. discard and counter don't hurt this deck to bad cause I can go back to get differnt spells with flashback,and recoup. Im not sure if my mana curve is right or not. what do you think. any ideas to improve this deck?
thanks.

I

immortal grave walker

shocks and g.fire has come to mind,however what would you take out. I think the g.fire slows the deck down a little,and to play it as an instant I think it would tie up my mana more. Thoughts? Also what would be a good side board for a deck like this.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Another suggestion: I see a lot of cards that you only have one of. That kind of makes those cards ineffective, due to the fact that you may depend on those cards for something and not get it. If you posted a deck that you built out of cards you actually have, that's fine. But, try to build a deck of what you wish for it to look like.

I.E.: Smoldering Tar and Spreading Plague? Maybe. I wouldn't play with Spreading Plague and if I wanted to use S. Tar, I'd have four of them. But, I usually don't want to play with the tar, either. The Chainer's Edict could be very effective, but you could use more.

Overall, I like the concept. You could use more Mirari's(or are you only allowed one of each legend per DECK, now. I've been out of the tourney scene for a while).

Oh, and Mutilate and Skullscorch aren't bad.

Ransac, cpa trash man

I

immortal grave walker

I wen't with what you said and a few idea's I had. here's the new deck list. Thoughts?

4-urza's rage
4-fier temper
4-flaming gambit
4-violent eruption
2-recoup
2-earthquake

4-skullscorch
4-terminate

4-innocent blood
4-chainer's edict
1-yawgoth's agenda
1-insidious dreams
1-laquatu's champion

Possible side board cards (thoughts)

eather flash
mutilate
pyroclasm

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
It looks a bit better. More consistent with cards.

But, don't just take my word for it. Proxy the cards you don't have, now, and playtest it to see if the cards are worth buying/trading for.

Ransac, cpa trash man

I

immortal grave walker

Iv'e been testing the deck for about a week now. The deck is really strong. It has won on a constient basis against every deck it has faced. I found the instant cards to be more usefull than the some of the sorcery cards. My mana doesn't get tied up. I the biggest problem so far is the creatures that can't be targeted. Thats when aether flash played a major role. Plus the pro black and red creatures gave me some problems. It was a race to try to burn my opponent out. Would the bridge be good in this deck.

Thoughts?

thanks IGW

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
You say the only main problem is the creatures you can't target.

*cough*MUTILATE*cough-cough*

Whew! Excuse me.

Ransac, cpa trash man

P.S. Sure, Bridge works until it's dealt with.

I

immortal grave walker

I agree with ya. Din't know if there was anything to main deck that would help. I think that card would be more for sideboard,Or would it be good main deck?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Not sure. You obviously aren't going for beatdown, so Mutilate wouldn't hurt you if you put it in main-deck.

Ransac, cpa trash man