Biggest Collection ?

M

Mundungu

Ok guys, time to show off ...

I just wonder who has what type of Magic cards collection around the CPA, and eventually, who has the biggest ..

As far as I am concerned : mostly tempest +, with all sets almost complete, and 4 of most of the power rares (cursed scrolls, stroke of genius etc ...)

For the older stuff : the 40 dual lands, four unlimited moxes, some power rares, like 4 icy manipulator, royal assassins, Force of will, MAze of Ith, Berserk, Fork, balances, moat, library of alexandria and a couple of other goodies.

Total cards, around 10.000.

On the down side : almost no foils, that I sistematically trade away for good stuff, event the FNM prices I won so far. I'd rather have 1 berserk than a foil shock ...

Anyway I disgress ...
What does YOUR collection look like ?

M

Mr_Pestilence

I love this question!

I have complete sets of every expansion from The Dark to Apocalypse. These complete sets are in binders, and I don't usually build decks with them once they go in a binder. From Fallen Empires through Masques Block, I have (at least) 4 of every card.

I'm still working on sets of Legends, Antiquities, Arabian Nights and Unlimited. I'm really picky on condition, so this process will take me a while, but isn't that what hobbies are for?

I have an Unlimited Black Lotus, Mox Ruby, and Time Walk.

I have a complete set of all the Pre-release cards, and the only pre-release I didn't attend was Tempest.

I have about 50 foils, but they are all in my trade binder. The only foil I actually want is a Thrashing Wumpus, but I haven't found anyone to trade me one, and I refuse to spend $20 for it.

My main collection is about 20,000 cards, plus about 10,000 useless commons in some other boxes I'd love to get rid of.

The main collection is sorted by color and alphabetized. The commons are sorted by color whenever I get around to it, which is usually when a new set comes out.

E

ErinPuff

I have cards dating back to Legends (a few commons which I got from Zhaneel).. my only complete set is Weatherlight.. Special things I have are Morphling, two BoP, three or so Utopia Tree, Icy Manipulator, Maze of Ith (which I got in a pack of random uncommons :D).. I have several thousand cards; haven't bothered to count exactly.

[edit] and I have about 30 foils, of which only two are rare (Saprazzan Heir and Ancient Silverback :p) [/edit]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I have about a booster box worth of cards from Alliances-Stronghold (except Weatherlight). Two boxes worth of Ice Age, some Revised, and a couple here and there from the Dark, Legends, Antiquities, and Arabian Nights. And lots of Fallen Empires :)

I would guess around 1000 or so, but I've never counted.

H

Hetemti

I'm somewere around 3000~4000.

I have The Binder of the Ages: 70 some UltraPro-Platinum pages of Rare, Uncommon, and even Common goodness that constitute my "active collection" (read: the cards that are actually worth a s'''.)

Then I have two boxes (1100 each) of Excess Extravigances...cards that can be used, but rarely. Things like goofy blue card manipulation, green critters with first strike, red creatures (Ever notice that all red critters aside from Dragons, Viashinos, Mogg fanatic, Fireslinger, Darwin, and Jackal Pup suck beyond belief?), and other weird stuff goes here.

Another bin's for random Portal stuff, spare land, home-made squirrel tokens, and dice.

Finally, there's The Monolith of Crap. Need 20 mint 4th edition Regenerations? Got 'em here. How 'bout flailing solder? Got a dozen of him here too. If it sucks, and comes in mass quantitiy (read: It's a member of the bottom 70% of all Magic cards), it's here.

As for acutal good cards...I lack them entirely.

I have 5 Shivans (RV~BD, NM~VG), 4 Royal Assassin (RV, NM), 3 Cursed Scroll (2 signed), 2 Morphling, 2 Demonic Tutor, some Serendibs, and some other random goodies I never can make a decent deck with.

As for my epic stupidity, I could have secured 20 Hippies for $2. Could've gotten a dozen more Dem tutors for another buck. I didn't. Kill me, pease?

R

rkoelsch

I have a few cards about 9,000. I have sets started from the dark on. The only one completed Fallen Empires. I am like 8 cards away from completeing Ice Age. I am really thinking of curtailing my collecting as I don't spend much money on Magic anymore. As for jewels of my collection my most expensive card is probably my Mox Diamond. I have a couple of Preachers and lots of other good cards.

M

maraud234

I have cards that date back to Mirage. Yet, I only have about 1,000 cards that aren't in any of my decks. I would have more, but cards that I don't use, I sell. I'm not as interested as others about collecting rares or anything, I just like to play.

A

Apollo

I have some number of Magic cards. They are organized by the "stack" system, in which you have random piles of 10-20 cards laying throughout your house. Plus cards sticking out of just about every book in the house, and more under the seat cushions. This method, while highly effective, does make it rather tough to count your cards. So I'll just say that, like most of you, I have way too many.

I have no sets, because I mainly buy/bought important rares on Ebay. If it's good, though, chances are I have some. I've got 4 Scrolls, 4 Masticores, 4 Stroke of Genius, 4 Negators, 4 Oaths, 4 Survivals, 4 Hymns, 4 Hyppies (1 French)... that sorta thing. My jewel is an unlimited Mox Jet that I won in a tournament. I'm particularly proud of the fact that I've never spent more than $5 on a card.

Um, that's about it, I guess.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i've got a trade binder filled with, well stuff worth trading for, then i have my legend binder, with about 91 or so legends in it, all different, then i've got the box, about a 2 foot by 2 foot box of commons, and assorted uncommons not worth putting in a binder, as for jewels i have 2 masticores 3 morphling 2 undermine 4 BoP, one or two unlimited, a tolarian academy, a gaea's cradle, a gwendlyn di corci :D, an italian boris devilboon...god i love that name, and a foil serra avatar

N

NeuroDeus

Well I got about ~1500 cards... about which 20 are foils... Ivory Mask is my only rare...

Great Old Cards :- None... I'm a fairly new player...

Great New Cards :- 1 Masticore, 4 Meddling Mage,
4 Bribery, 3 Absorb, 1 Port, 2 Reya, 3 Blind Angel, 2 Radiant...

ohh... and a lot of Fallen Empires crap... I both a whole box for about $3 and a couple of crap rares...

F

FoundationOfRancor

I have cards from Tempest+, with drabbilings from every set.

I have about 1500 cards, with nothing really special except for a 4th edition Birds and a Hatred.

This is indeed an interesting topic.

S

sageridder

My collection is truly unwieldy.Probally between 25,and 30 thousand cards.I had way too many before I started to think about organizing,way before rarity coloring to boot.So mine are are in several states of organizing depending on what box you open.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I have about 5000-7000 cards. I've bought at least 10 or so boosters from every set since Tempest except 7th and Apocalypse.
I got a box of Ice Age and a box of Planeshift and about a box worth each of Tempest, Invasion, Prophecy, Urza's Saga, Urza's Destiny, and Fallen Empires commons.

My cards mostly just suck considering how many I have.
I have no duals, no rares before Ice Age (and among those I have mostly the crap rares that are 90% of that set), and I have a strange lack of some of the more ubiquitous commons (I only have 3 Llanowar Elves! 3!).
I only have 5 painlands!
I usually succeed in getting most of the bad rares for various sets and only 1 or 2 (if I'm lucky) of the good ones.
However, I did have a Port and a Wave of Reckoning for about a week before I traded them away for a bunch of bad green cards :)) :mad: :))
I have very few foils that are remotely good, and the rare ones are often bent.
The only good thing is that I have 6 Armageddons (which is great when you consider that I don't play with any of them), and 2 Undermines.

To some of you this may sound like a lot of stuff, but I've been playing continuously (except for about a 1 month stretch a while ago) since 1997.

S

Sammy Dead-O

This is a good question. My collection is pretty darn random and...unspectacular. I have very few of the cards that most people take for granted (I was so happy to a pair of Mother of Runes), and most of my really good cards (foil Karn, Morphling, Urza's Rage, Hammer) I just trade away or sell when I get tired of it. I've never owned a Birds, a Masticore, a Scroll, or a Karplusan Forest. I do have one dual, a fairly worn Badlands. I had a perfect Unlimited or Revised Savannah, but I sold it to Ransac.

I do have several Goblin Games, including a foil one (thanks to Ransac). I like goblins a lot. I also have a foil Caves of Koilos...that's probably my most valuable card right now...

I also like my Asian Savannah Lions a lot.

Man...where did all the money go?

O

olwen

I've got complete sets from Legends and Revised onwards, including the Portal I, II, Three Kingdoms and Unglued (but not Starter).

In addition, I have about 10,000 commons and uncommons sorted in several boxes, and about two rares binders (one for trade, one for keeps).

I usually buy complete sets of the bigger expansions and then a few singles to complete certain decks. I also obtain cards from participating in sealed deck tournaments and try to get product by getting into the top X positions. I trade occasionally but usually am too busy having fun playing at the tournaments.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Cards in binders: About 700
Cards in carrying boxes: About 2000-3000
Cards just laying around in plastic bin boxes with nothing better to do than lay around in a plastic bin box:30,000-40,000

Total: Anywhere from 32,700-43,700

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

maraud234

Even though I don't have many, I keep them well organized. All my cards are sorted by set, color, and rarity. It makes it really easy to go through them and keep track of them. But I think it is the sign of a person with a little too much time on their hands.

M

menolikeygurus

I used to have lots of cards from the old sets, but they were stolen...:(

most of my cards are from masques and up now, but i do have 5 royals, 6 sorceress queens, 10 lightning bolts, 8 sol rings, and lots of dragons and vampires.

I have about 2000 cards, and the only complete set I have is invasion. At one time i had the complete Legends set...but it was stolen with the others...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

...most of which are face-down in a pile on the floor of his room.