Biblical themed cards

L

laxweasel

Hi, I'm sorta new here, but I would ask everyone to take a look at this list of cards for a new set I am making called Witness. You may have seen it elsewhere, I am putting it lots of places.

Archangel Michael
6WWW
Creature-Angel Legend
Flying
If you control an Angel, Priest, or Cleric, Michael costs 6 less to play
WW(tap): Destoy target black permanent
WW: Archangel Michael gets +1/+1 for each white creature in play. Use this ability only one time each turn.
6/6
"Destroy all wrong from the face of the earth and let every evil
work come to an end"
-The Book of Enoch

The Dragon, Satan
6BBB
Creature-Demon Legend
Trample
If you control a Demon, Horror, or Minion, Satan costs 6 less to play
1BB(tap): Destroy target creature
4BB(tap): Return target creature from graveyard into play
5/5
"They will have as many followers as there are grains of sand along the beach,"
-Revelation 20:8b

Famine
3GG
Creature-Horseman Legend
Flying
All spells cost an additional 2 to play
4/4
"Then I saw a white horse. Its rider carried a bow and was given a crown. He had already won some victories, and he went to win some more"
-Revelation 6:2

War
3RR
Creature-Horseman Legend
Flying
(tap): Target untapped creature must attack this turn or be sacrificed. Play this ability only on your opponent's turn and only before his declare attackers step
4/4
"Then another horse came out. It was firey red. And its rider was given the power to take away all peace from the earth, so that people would slaughter one another."
-Revelation 6:4a

Plague
3GG
Creature-Horseman Legend
Flying
(tap): All creatures target opponent controls get -1/-1 until end of turn
4/4
"Then I saw a black horse, and its rider had a balance scale in one hand."
-Revelation 6:5b

Death
3BB
Creature-Horseman Legend
Flying
When Death comes into play, destroy half of the creatures in the game, rounded down
4/4
"Then I saw a pale green horse. Its rider named Death, and Death's Kingdom followed behind."
-Revelation 6:8a

Creation
2GGWW
Instant
If you control a white creature, this turn you may put any green creatures from your hand into play
"God said, 'I command the earth to produce all kinds of plants, including fruit trees and grain.'"
-Genesis 1:11

Noah's Ark
Artifact
4(tap): Prevent all damage to 1/2 of the creatures you control (rounded down) that are receiving damage this turn.
"He obeyed God and took a male and a female of each kind of animal and bird into the boat with him"
-Genesis 7:8-9

Idol Worshippers
1BB
If you control an artifact, Idol Worshippers gets +1/+1
2/2
"So you must never make idols of silver or gold to worship in place of me"
-Exodus 20:23

Dove
1G
Flying, protection from blue
1/1
"It returned in the evening, holding in its beak a green new leaf from an olive tree. Noah knew that the water was finally going down."
-Genesis 8:11

Holy Works
WW
Enchant Artifact
Target artifact now counts as a white permanent.
If the controller of target artifact at any time controls no other white permanents than target artifact and Holy Works, sacrifice target artifact.
"That Majesty which through thy Work doth Reign
Draws the devout, deterring the Profane."
-Paradise Lost, John Milton

P

Preacher_Man

And I say unto thee, thou blasphemes the good name of the Lord by assosiating Him with this foul and satanic game!

N

Nightstalkers

You can see that they are biblical names and WotC would not use the names because of that very reason.

L

laxweasel

:eek: OW!
Ummm...thanks a lot. Actually, that is just the list of finished cards. Admittedly, those cards are all my ideas, but as soon as I find Biblical passages fitting for these cards (made by other people) they will made and posted too.

Goliath 2RR
Creature - Giant Legend
Goliath may not be blocked by more than one creature.
Whenever a creature with power 2 or less blocks Goliath, flip a coin. If you lose that flip, sacrifice Goliath.
6/6

Moses 2WW
Creature - Prophet Legend
T: Divide all creatures in ombat into two piles. Target opponent then chooses one of those piles. Tap, remove from combat, and prevent all damage that would be dealt to or by creatures in that pile."
1/2

Pentecost UU
Instant
Until end of turn, all creatures become all colors and cannot be the target of spells or abilities.

-Could be white, but we need more Blue cards.

Pit Lion GG
Creature - Cat
Id Pit Lion is blocked by a creature whose power and toughness are less than Pit Lion's, sacrifice Pit Lion at end of combat.
3/3

-Meant to represent the lion David fought, but I can't remeber the story too well, so it may not fit.

Cleansing of the Temple 2WW
Sorcery
Sacrifice all Non-White permanents you control: Gain 3 life for each permanent sacrificed in this way.

Water to Wine UU
Instant
Counter target spell unless any player sacrefices 2 permanents.

Dogma 1WU
Look at the top 7 cards of your library, put one in your hand and the rest on top of your library in any order.

Bible 2
6,(Tap): Draw a card.
Remove Bible from the game: Reshuffle your graveyard to your library.

Crucifiction
1B
Sorcery
Destroy target legend. It's controller loses 5 life.

Noah's Flood
4WW
Sorcery
Destroy all creatures, then put three 1/1 white Beast tokens into play. All of your opponent's gain 6 life.

Vengeful Stoning
B
Instant
Destroy target creature with the least toughness in play.

Altar of Retribution
Legendary Artifact

When a white creature would be put in a graveyard from play, instead put it under Altar of Retribution.
Sacrifice Altar of Retribution: return all creatures under Altar of Retribution into play.

Holy Wrath
XWWUBRG
Sorcery

Deal X damage to all creatures and players. For each damage dealt, you gain X life. All other players lose X life. Draw X cards.

Trumpets of Retribution
WWWWWWW
Sorcery

All players divide their libraries, permanents, and cards in hand into three equal piles. Each player chooses a pile. Those cards are removed from the game. Divide the remaining creatures into three piles.
Destroy all creatures in the pile of your choice. They can't be regenerated.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

overall i like these cards, but you have famine and plague backwards, famine carried the scale

5} When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. {6} Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

get it.

N

Nightstalkers

We were at one of your church's and the "Priest" mentioned a passage that described a tank perfectly. Quincidence?

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

This game isn't a false lead to anyone who has a firm enough grip on reality. Also, these are just quite relevant what-if cards. in addition, thank God *literally* , the theme has toned down to the point of generals and strategies. It only gets real odd in the case of Torment and the evil legends (where it makes sense.)