Beyond Balderdash: Round 2 Final Results and Scores!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Round 2: The category is PEOPLE.

Why is this person notable?

GEORGE BLAISDELL

PM your pre-lim answer by Thursday, 2/9 by 7:00 AM EST.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the list of answers. Only BigBlue, Jigglypuff, Limited, Melkor, Mooseman, Oversoul, Ransac, TomB, and train can answer.

GEORGE BLAISDELL

1. He created the original rules for rugby
  2. He invented the pet rock
  3. He was an American inventor who sent his patent application for a new steel-making process just two days after a similar process was patented by Englishman Henry Bessemer in 1855
  4. He was the forward and captain of the gold medal winning U.S. Men's Hockey team at the 1960 Winter Olympics
  5. He was in Funny Farm with Chevy Chase
  6. He invented the Zippo lighter
  7. He invented the jukebox in 1947
  8. He was the first person to undergo a liver transplant
  9. He was one of the scientists for the Manhattan Project who pushed the first "button" during testing
  10. He was the scientist responsible for the formula behind Oxi-Clean

PM or post your final guess/answer by Monday, 2/13 by 7:00 AM EST.

L

Limited

I'm going to guess number 7. Blaisdell sounds like a jukebox man.

B

BigBlue

I Know I've heard that name before.... now if only I could place it.... hmmm....

How about #1... I am thinking it's sports, but for some reason I thought we hadn't won at hockey ever when we won the miracle on ice...

D

DarthFerret

Sorry, lost track of time and forgot to answer...will get the next one....

T

train

Well... since there are 10 answers, and only 9 can answer, then I take it none of us originally submitted the right answer...

hmmm...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, it's a bit of a change since the last time we played. Having someone act as the "Reader" as you would in real life seems kinda pointless here; I know you guys are honest :) but I feel having additional rewards for getting/not getting the right answer encourages Net lookups. So I'd like to be able to use most of the categories here, even those are easily susceptible to Net lookups, but to minimize the fallout, I'm not giving extra points to those who get the right answer or if everyone fails to get the right answer.

Does that makes sense? :)

So remember to get your guess in before Monday!

B

BigBlue

I challenge anyone to find a "famous" person, place, thing, or idea which isn't easilly found online... :D

if you had even 15 minutes of fame, someone has a webpage about you.... somewhere....

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I thought we were on the honor system? If you have to cheat to play this game, you truly have problems with having fun.

Melkor

The beauty of trust, is that you only need it when the results are actually important. Anyone who wants to cheat is free to do so if they really care that much. Anyway, I like number 7, inventor of the jukebox.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Person who gave the answer is in bold

GEORGE BLAISDELL

1. He created the original rules for rugby (Jigglypuff)
  2. He invented the pet rock (Mooseman)
  3. He was an American inventor who sent his patent application for a new steel-making process just two days after a similar process was patented by Englishman Henry Bessemer in 1855 (Oversoul)
  4. He was the forward and captain of the gold medal winning U.S. Men's Hockey team at the 1960 Winter Olympics (Melkor)
  5. He was in Funny Farm with Chevy Chase (train)
  6. He invented the Zippo lighter (CORRECT ANSWER)
  7. He invented the jukebox in 1947 (TomB)
  8. He was the first person to undergo a liver transplant (Limited)
  9. He was one of the scientists for the Manhattan Project who pushed the first "button" during testing (BigBlue)
  10. He was the scientist responsible for the formula behind Oxi-Clean (Ransac)

Ransac and Mooseman got it correct.
Limited and Melkor picked TomB's answer.
Oversoul picked Limited's answer.
TomB picked Mooseman's answer.
Jigglypuff picked Melkor's answer.
BigBlue picked Jigglypuff's answer.

So Ransac gets 1 point
Mooseman gets 2
TomB gets 2
Limited gets 1
Melkor gets 1
Jigglypuff gets 1

Scores:

TomB 4