Beyond Balderdash: Round 1 Initial List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The category is People.

Why is Walter Lines notable?

PM your initial guesses by Thursday, 4/24 by 7:00 AM EST.

Just as a reminder, please don't use the Net or other sources to get the "answer". This is all in fun and should be done off the top of your head (besides, you get to see wacky answers). You get one point for providing a guess here, so it is in your best interest to provide a guess rather than wait until the final list comes out.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, we had a very good turn out so far. Keep it up! This is the initial list: PM me with what you think is the right answer by Monday, 4/28 by 7:00 AM EST (actually, that's not in stone because my work is moving my area this weekend and I'll have to see if my computer is set up in its new place and still works :) )

Why is Walter Lines notable?
  1. He was British
  2. He was the author of some great book
  3. He was the chief architect behind the first aquaducts in London
  4. He was the French biologist who was the first to identify the bacteria that causes diptheria
  5. He was a movie director best known for his film, "Singing in the Rain"
  6. He was an English schoolboy who invented the scooter
  7. He was renowned for his work in the field of mathematics, specifically linear mathematics. In fact, Walter Lines is not his original name but rather a nickname given to him by his colleagues. The name printed on his birth certificate is Walter Young.
  8. He was the original editor of National Geographic.
  9. He was the co-creater of Coleco with Telstar Arcade in 1976.
    [/list=1]

Status
Not open for further replies.