Beyond Balderdash: Round 1 Answers and Scores!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
New game! Like I promised, BB is following the Tribond game.

For those who aren't familiar with this, what happens is that I post a question. You have until the deadline to post what you think is the right answer. I then post the list of possible answers and you have until the deadline to pick from that list. Only people who gave me possible answers in the first half of the round can guess from the final list in the second half of the round.

If you give me the right answer in the first half, you get one point BUT you are not allowed to pick from the final list. Otherwise, in the second half, if you pick the right answer you get a point, PLUS you get a point each time someone else picks your answer. And this is NEW: you get an extra point just for being able to choose from the final list. This is to "discourage" netlookups of just getting a guaranteed point in the first half. So if you go to the second half, you have a chance of earning LOTS of points, rather than just one.

Again, the gentlemen's rule of NO NET LOOKUPS is in effect.

Here we go:

The first category is Words.

Give me a definition of this word: ALACTAGA.

You have until Thursday, 11/30 by 7:00 AM EST to give me a possible answer. Any questions, PM me.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All right, here's the list. The people who may answer are: Limited, Mooseman, mythosx, Oversoul, Ransac, sageridder, TomB, and turgy22
  1. Not a real word, but the rumored title of the new Battlestar sci-fi series. The word is actually a butchered jumble of the word "galactica".
  2. A rodent with five hind toes but only three touch the ground
  3. A game produced for the Commodore 64 computer released in 1984
  4. Ceremonial Mayan head gear
  5. The hormone that widens the pelvic bone during pregnancy
  6. The process of lactic acid building up in muscles under stress
  7. A breed of duck that makes its habitat in east Asia
  8. Harvest time
  9. A brown, leafy vegetable resembling a brussel sprout

PM your answer by Monday, 11/4 by 7:00 AM EST.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
  1. Not a real word, but the rumored title of the new Battlestar sci-fi series. The word is actually a butchered jumble of the word "galactica". (mythosx)
  2. A rodent with five hind toes but only three touch the ground (CORRECT ANSWER!)
  3. A game produced for the Commodore 64 computer released in 1984 (TomB)
  4. Ceremonial Mayan head gear (Limited)
  5. The hormone that widens the pelvic bone during pregnancy (Oversoul)
  6. The process of lactic acid building up in muscles under stress (sageridder)
  7. A breed of duck that makes its habitat in east Asia (Ransac)
  8. Harvest time (Mooseman)
  9. A brown, leafy vegetable resembling a brussel sprout (turgy22)

Mooseman and Ransac chose Oversoul's answer.
turgy22 and TomB chose Limited's answer.
Oversoul chose TomB's answer.
sageridder chose Mooseman's answer.
Limited chose the correct answer!

Points earned:

Oversoul: 3
Limited: 4
TomB: 2
Mooseman: 2
Ransac: 1
turgy22: 1
sageridder: 1

Scores:

Limited: 4

Oversoul: 3

Mooseman: 2
TomB: 2

Ransac: 1
sageridder: 1
turgy22: 1

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I thought it was just a little too odd to be right. After the fact I had misgivings. I guess those misgivings were right...