Beyond Balderdash: Question 9 Final Answers and Scores!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The category is Movies - what's the plot?

HAWMPS!

PM your initial guess by Monday, 3/27 by 7:00 AM EST.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I guess some people are like me and don't get on during the weekends, so I'll extend the deadline until tomorrow, Tuesday, 3/28 by 7:00 AM EST.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
These people can answer: BigBlue, Jigglypuff, Limited, Mooseman, Oversoul, Ransac, sageridder, TomB

1. An old grandpa discovers his talent for comedy at the age of 86.
  2. A brother and sister are attacked by the faerie tale creatures called HAWMPS.
  3. Three soldiers and their adventures in the North African desert.
  4. A team of spelunkers stumble upon an underground race of monsters that then escape and begin to devour a local town.
  5. Alligators ravage a small backwater town.
  6. A group of students document the first year of life of a baby humpback whale.
  7. Civil War soldiers start riding around on camels but the camels are set free when the guys get too friendly and start treating them as pets.
  8. Starring Tom Selleck, alligators exposed to toxic waste mutate into much larger beasts and ravage the town of Chisolm, Florida.
  9. A British engineer finds himself unable to escape what appears to be a bizarre nightmare.

PM or post your guess by Thursday, 3/30 by 7:00 AM EST.

B

BigBlue

Who the hell else thought of alligators? DAMN YOU for ruining my answer... oh, and sorry for ruining yours as well... :D

I guess I'll go with #3...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
BigBlue said:
Who the hell else thought of alligators? DAMN YOU for ruining my answer... oh, and sorry for ruining yours as well... :D
I'm still not sure about duplicate answers....... how does this work when you are playing live?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Mooseman: In real life, if the player-submitted answers do not match the actual answer (using the person reading-the-question-and-knowing-the-real-answer's judgement), then all player-submitted answers are read as written and submitted. So duplicate or similiar wrong answers will be read.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, everyone got their guesses in right and quick.

1. An old grandpa discovers his talent for comedy at the age of 86. (Jigglypuff)
  2. A brother and sister are attacked by the faerie tale creatures called HAWMPS. (Limited)
  3. Three soldiers and their adventures in the North African desert. (TomB)
  4. A team of spelunkers stumble upon an underground race of monsters that then escape and begin to devour a local town. (Ransac)
  5. Alligators ravage a small backwater town. (Mooseman)
  6. A group of students document the first year of life of a baby humpback whale. (sageridder)
  7. Civil War soldiers start riding around on camels but the camels are set free when the guys get too friendly and start treating them as pets. (CORRECT ANSWER!!!)
  8. Starring Tom Selleck, alligators exposed to toxic waste mutate into much larger beasts and ravage the town of Chisolm, Florida. (BB)
  9. A British engineer finds himself unable to escape what appears to be a bizarre nightmare. (Oversoul)

Ransac, Mooseman, and Oversoul chose sageridder's answer.
Limited chose Jigglypuff's answer.
BB chose TomB's answer.
Jigglypuff chose Oversoul's answer.
TomB and sageridder got the correct answer!

sageridder gets 4 points!
TomB gets 2 points.
Jigglypuff and Oversoul get 1 point.

Scores:

Ransac 14
TomB 14
sageridder 11
Limited 8
Melkor 7
BigBlue 5
DarthFerret 5
Jigglypuff 5