Beyond Balderdash: Question 6 Answer and Scores

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What does H.A.L.P stand for?

1. Hawaiian Authentic Lei Products (Sleepy's guess)
2. High Altitude Interceptor and Penetrator (Apollo's guess)
3. Helpful Americans for Little People (Ransac's guess)
4. Hewitts Algorithmic Learning Program (sageridder's guess)
5. Husbands of Airline Pilots (correct answer)

Well, sageridder made out like a bandit. Not only was he the only one to get the correct answer, but he had five people guess his! He shoots up to second place.

Ransac and Sleepy guessed 2.
EricBess and Melkor guessed 3.
fuzzy, Gerode, Lotus Mox, Apollo, and Turd Cutter guessed 4.
sageridder guessed 5.

Scores:

Baskil 20
sageridder 17
Sleepy 16
EricBess 15
Apollo 13
Melkor 9
Sammy Dead-O 7
Ransac 6
DUke 5
Lotus Mox 5
Chaos Turtle 4
Gerode 4
Turd Cutter 3
fuzzy 2
Darsh 0

E

EricBess

sageridder, that was an incredible answer, but I can't believe anyone would fall for it. I would have guessed it as my answer as well, but there was one fatal flaw. You forgot the apostrophe. It should have been:

Hewitt's Algorithmic Learning Program

You forgetting the apostrophe gained Ransac an extra point (I was torn between that and the correct answer) and made five other people look silly ;)

F

fuzzy510

There's nothing that says that Sageridder submitted it like that. Spidey might have ommitted the apostrophe in his haste to post the answers, and unlike you, he might not have noticed it. Don't automatically assume that what is posted up there is what was submitted.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Although I do try to write what is submitted, correcting mostly obvious spelling errors.

But that is how sageridder submitted it, without the apostrophe.

E

EricBess

Now now, fuzzy. No offence intended. I was just having a little fun, after all :)

Melkor

I guess I shouldn't laugh at anyone who answered number two because I was about to before I noticed that Interceptor starts with I not L.

S

Sleepy

well I answered #2 because interceptor begins with an I and not an L. I just thought our military was dumb enough to do something like that. Spidey did mess my BS answer up though I wrote Hawaiian Authentic Lei Producers not Products but it probably didn't matter. good job sageridder! :)

S

sageridder

:D Fuzzy,Gerode,Lotus Mox,Apollo,and Turd Cutter,now rember don't tell anyone about the cash I gave you.