Beyond Balderdash: Question 3 Results

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What happened on September 24, 1963?
  1. the US space program was announced (EricBess' answer)
  2. the Korean War started (Wonka's answer)
  3. the plot for The Munsters was first aired, going into production a year later (sageridder's answer)
  4. John Glenn became the first American astronaut into orbit (TomB's answer)
  5. the first space capsule of the Mercury program, containing astronaut John Glenn, was launched (Apollo's answer)
  6. the first Petticoat Junction show was televised (correct answer)
    [/list=1]

Well, apparently when people think of the 60's, they think of the space program. Remember, if your guess is close to the real answer, I'll tell you and give you points and NOT put your answer in the Answer List and you cannot guess. So if you see your answer and a lot of similiar ones, chances are that they aren't the correct answer :) Apollo got fooled this way; EricBess didn't.

However, EricBess wanted to give some props to sageridder's answer since he thought the correct answer couldn't be as simple as that, though sometimes they are :)

EricBess guessed 3.
    Apollo guessed 4.
    sageridder and TomB guessed 6.

Scores (hope I get them right this time :) ):
    • TomB gained 7 points (+1 for initial, +1 for final, +1 for both, +3 for correct, +1 for someone else guessing his answer) bringing his total to 21
    • sageridder gained 7 points for the same reasons, bringing his total to 20
    • Apollo gained 3 points for the first three reasons, bringing his total to 13
    • EricBess gained 3 points for the same three reasons, bringing his total to 10
    • Wonka gained 1 point for the initial guess, bringing his total to 2

E

EricBess

Actually, that's not quite what I said. What I said was that I thought the answer was worded in such a way that I didn't think, out my two choices, it was likely to have been worded that way by someone who was making it up.

But, I suppose that saying I gave Props to sagerrider for it would be a fairly accurate statement.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's hard to paraphrase when you're typing out this stuff. I should have looked back at the PM to make sure.

S

sageridder

I didn't pick up on it, but I'm surprised the Bessman went for it being spelled polt instead of pilot the way I pmed it. No blood no foul. ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I missed the "i" when re-reading it after I write it down.

When these things happen, TELL ME! I guess you didn't think it was a big deal though. Sorry :(

E

EricBess

Well, that is indeed interesting, isn't it? To be honest, if it had read "pilot" instead of "plot", I probably would have gone with the other choice and been right. I didn't realize it was a typo. My reasons were based on logic, who would submit something that just seems wrong since everyone is trying to get points... It didn't even occur to me that it was a typo.

So, you should be thanking Spidey for the mistake :D:p:D