Beyond Balderdash: Question 10 Final Answers, Scores, and Winner!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This is the last question for the game!

The category is Dates.

What happened on April 23, 1990?

PM your initial guess by Thursday, 9/13 by 7:00 AM EDT. Anyone can guess.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whoops, I forgot to post the answer list yesterday.
  1. A man ran just under 30 miles in just over 4 hours carrying a spoon with an egg on it.
  2. Super Mario Brothers 3 was released for the Nintendo Entertainment System.
  3. Iraq invaded Kuwait.
  4. The Catholic Church publicly acknowledged that some of its clergy had abused members of their congregations.
  5. Simon Le Bon, lead singer for Duran Duran, comes out of the closet while the band begins to regain its popularity.

PM or post your answer by Monday, 9/17 by 7:00 AM EDT. Players who may answer are: Melkor, Mooseman, Ransac, and train

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
  1. A man ran just under 30 miles in just over 4 hours carrying a spoon with an egg on it. (CORRECT!)
  2. Super Mario Brothers 3 was released for the Nintendo Entertainment System. (Melkor)
  3. Iraq invaded Kuwait. (Mooseman)
  4. The Catholic Church publicly acknowledged that some of its clergy had abused members of their congregations. (train)
  5. Simon Le Bon, lead singer for Duran Duran, comes out of the closet while the band begins to regain its popularity. (Ransac)

Melkor is the big winner this round. Not only did he choose the correct answer, but Mooseman and train also chose his answer, for a total of 3 points this round! Ransac also chose the correct answer for 1 point.

Final Scores:

Mooseman: 9
Ransac: 9
train: 8
BigBlue: 6
TomB: 6
Melkor: 4

Mooseman and Ransac tie for first! Congratulations and thanks for playing everyone!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe we'll take a break for a while... we didn't get a lot of consistent participation here...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations guys! :D

Sorry I wasn't as consistent about playing this time...I been a bit preoccupied with these online classes I been taking...lol