Benzo vs. Tinker

D

Dune Echo

Lately, I've been doing a lot of research on the post-November Extended scene because I am trying to figure out whether or not this is a prime time for a casual player to try to get into a shop and play some. It looks like it to me with the format being relatively uncharted territory.

I've been collecting a lot of decks off the net for post-November Extended (some fun, some really serious), and it seems everyone agrees that Benzo (Reanimator) and Tinker (Mono-Brown) will be the top of the heap. (I'll be adding the .zip file with all my Apprentice decks here for anyone's use.) Both decks have fatties, although I'm really interested in Benzo the most because it plays one of the two of my all-time favorite Legends, Multani, Maro-Sorcerer (the other being Mirri, Cat Warrior).

I had a conversation with CHA1N5 tonight and he said this...
Tinker's nuts still beats yours last seasons's extended was all about who got their nuts draw and the trick to winning consistantly was A) getting your nuts more frequently (consistancy) and B) your nuts being better that your opponent's
This is the build I like the most right now...
//NAME: Benzo
//Black:
1 Avatar of Woe
2 Contamination
3 Buried Alive
4 Duress
4 Entomb
4 Exhume
1 Nether Spirit
4 Reanimate
1 Recurring Nightmare
4 Vampiric Tutor
3 Zombie Infestation
//Red:
3 Squee, Goblin Nabob
//Green:
1 Multani, Maro-Sorcerer
1 Verdant Force
//Gold:
1 Crosis, the Purger
1 Phantom Nishoba
//Lands:
4 Caves of Koilos
3 Rishadan Port
15 Swamp
SB: 1 Ascendant Evincar
SB: 1 Bone Shredder
SB: 1 Contamination
SB: 1 Crater Hellion
SB: 1 Monk Realist
SB: 2 Powder Keg
SB: 3 Rapid Decay
SB: 1 Rebel Informer
SB: 3 Seal of Cleansing
SB: 1 Woodripper

Does anyone have any experience playing Benzo versus Tinker (or Benzo period?). I want to know more about this deck. (Gizmo, this is pretty much a shout-out to you since you're the only hardcore tourney player I know of that frequents this place.) What do I need to know about this deck other than the obvious "Watch out for Planar Void!"?

P.S. If you're on the boards and you see me surfing it too, PM me if you're interested in playtesting a game with me. I should be too.

Attachments