Belbe's Squid

H

Hawaiian mage

This is a deck that I have been working on for a little while. It's a deck that uses Belbe's Portal to cast a Gulf Squid on your opponents turn. Then a Waterfront bouncer to do it again next turn.

So far this deck has several versions, thers the original which you can clarly imagen, there's a pirate version, there's a version that uses green for mana acceleration, and there's my favorit one that uses black for acceleration.

4xBelbe's Portal
4xGulf Squid
4xWaterfront Bouncer
4xSpiketail Hatchling
3xBrain Storm
2xFoil
2xSquee, ect. ect.
2xWithdraw
2xDrudge Skeleton
2xBlood Pet
2xSnuff Out
2xEye of Ramos
2xRhystic Tuter
1xSunken Feild
1xCounterspell

1xRath's Edge
4xDark Ritual
4xSaperazzan Skerry
7xSwamp
19xIsland

I'm hopeing that there will be some card in Invasion that makes this deck more playable. Right now it takes about 5 turns to get the combo out, but there's some disruption inbetween. So what do you think?

D

Duel

I don't know if you are planning t2, but if not equilibrium is great. I think man-o-war works as well. Temporal adepts and time elementals are probably a good move.

R

rkoelsch

Since you have to name beast for the portal why not include some other ones? Like Chambered Nautilus, Sand Squid, Glowing Anemone and the Big Daddy Trashing Wumpus.

H

Hawaiian mage

Yeah, I put Skyshroad Bahemoth in the green version and it works well. Maybe Ishould try something similer in this deck.

G

galtwish

Belbe's beasts of note include:
Crater Hellion
Flowstone Hellion
Fylamarid
Glowing Anemone
Hunting Moa
Kezzerdrix
Kjedorian Frost Beast
Laccolith Titan
Lumbering Satyr
Mawcor
Pallimud
Pit Spawn
Rhox
Sand Squid
Scragnoth
Thresher Beast
Thrashing Wumpus
Woodripper

I'd make the deck something like this for casual play (as it's not T2)
4 Belbe's Portal
4 Thran Dynamo
2 Erratic Portal
2 Citanul Flute
2 Tinker
4 Sand Squid
2 Kjedoran Frost Beast
1 Crater Hellion
1 Mawcor
1 Woodripper
1 Rhox
1 Laccolith Titan
4 Wall of Roots
4 Vine Trellis
4 Flood Plain
4 Mountian Valley
5 Island
10 Forest
2 Plains
5 Mountians

You can still bounce your creatures for effect, and with the Flute you can search up whatever beast you want. Sorry it is so rare intensive, Beasts tend to be rares or uncommons. Everything should be cheap other than the Rhox and the Hellion, though.

Erik

G

Griffith_se

I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but... You could Make it like a semi-"Tinker" Type deck. Put in 4 Tinkers, 4 Diamonds 4 Thran dynamo's.

I think it would make your combo come faster, if You want to go that route.

Also just another thought. You could use more bouncers, like Temperal Adept, Boomerang etc.. Then more creature with C.I.P effects like, Bone Shredder Glowing Anemone(sp?) etc..

Hope something here is useful.

[Edited by Griffith_se on July 14th, 2000 at 07:41 PM]