Beijing cancels movies, marriages to slow SARS

T

train

Why not just issue a vaccination...

"Oh darn honey, this must be a sign from the Heavens... *under breath*SARS rules!... I'm going out with the boys..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Because there isn't a vaccination yet. There isn't even a reliable test for SARS yet.

Honestly, this makes sense. It's too bad China bungled the containment of the disease on the outset, but it looks to be pretty drastic over there...

Ferret

Staff member
on a related note, I heard about a guy that got killed in The Phillipines because he sneezed on someone...scary...

-Ferret

"...so remember to always cover your mouth..."

N

Nightstalkers

Just got word from the pipeline that SARS is actually a manmade germ that has mutated.

We will confirm it

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Ferret
on a related note, I heard about a guy that got killed in The Phillipines because he sneezed on someone...scary...

Didn't hear that... from SARS or just a coincidence?

Ferret

Staff member
just a coincidence. My wife pointed it out to me. It was featured on Rotten.com...

-Ferret

"...stupid people..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ooooh, did you mean the first guy sneezed on second guy, second guy didn't like it so he killed first guy? I mis-read it and thought second guy died from the effects or act of the sneezing...

Last year some dude over there (Far East, maybe the Phillippines) killed another guy because the second guy was killing the first guy in Unreal Tournament all the time or something... so the first guy tracked him down in real life to whack the second guy for good...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Unfortunately this makes sense.
It's unfortunate that this is such a drastic situation. But I think it makes sense. And it's better than in Singapore, where entire areas are being quarantined.

N

Nightstalkers

why is it that they blame common gaming on the problems of the world?

what a screwed up reality this is

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't say anything about people blaming gaming for world problems, I just said one guy blamed another for his troubles in an online game so took it out on him in real life.

N

Nightstalkers

it is the common scapegoat (Heck, look at those school shootings) and will be for many years to come. Why hang the stuffed animal in the same room that a kid shoots himself in? The bear drove the kid insane of course... Yea Right. :yawn:

T

train

Once again... the mind was not able to control itself... and the most dangerous weapon known to man was unleashed...

N

Nightstalkers

Which is true; reality, or the unreal?

It is a choice most of us make for the former. We are truly sorry a race if we cannot perceive even the most basic of temporal anomalies