Battletech?

R

Rando

Does anyone here play Battletech?

Not the video games, the minitures table-top game.

If you like miniture war games, I suggest it. The rules are realistic with out being clunky, and there is no cheaper mini. game to get started in since the best games only play with 3-5 minitures on each side.

I was just wondering, go about your buisness.

...move along.

G

Gerode

I have friends who used to play the BattleTech CCG very often until Wizards axed it. I never knew there was a miniatures game.

B

Baskil

Oh man, does that bring back memories....

When I was in college, a bunch of us used to have a league for Battletech. We used to play twice a week, and we each had to pick out 200 tons worth of mechs to duke it out with. We had everything from 20 commandoes to two 100 ton mechs. It was a blast.

Of course, we didn't use any of the 10,000 source books out there now for it. Fun game, would love to get back into it if I had the chance.

R

Rando

I'm glad there's at least one person that plays/played.

As I said Baskil, there's no cheaper miniture war game to get into.

May I sugest The Battletech Master Rules and at least the 3050 technical readout. It has the most often used mechs for both the Clans and the Inner Sphere.

Also, what is really fun is the Maximum Tech suplumental rule book. It has dozens of optional rules from the use of Mobile Field Bases and Salvage Trucks to fighting on crusted lava.