Baltimore Unrest

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Spiderman, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Work is dismissing us at noon today "as a safety precaution", even though there are no current credible threats. See you tomorrow :)
  2. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Stay safe out there.
  3. Oversoul The Tentacled One

What happened? I've been working constantly and haven't heard about this yet...
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

A black man died in police custody last week? couple weeks ago? and some peaceful protests turned violent and into riots. Looting, burning... state of emergency was declared on Monday and National Guard was called in, first time since the '68 riots.
  5. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Actually, Spidey started a riot since he isn't kicking my butt in the commander games.
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

That's right, rub it in... :D
  7. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Well you are dominating in all the other games.

BTW - Are you anywhere near the rioting?
  8. rokapoke Man Among Gods

Didn't you see Spidey's mom beating him up for rioting?
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Ba dum dum... no, nowhere near it. I'm right around the beltway while all of the rioting was going on in the city.
  10. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Well next time go take some pictures Mr. Parker.....
    BTW - I'll be gone until Tuesday for the Toronto GP.
  11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Ok, thanks for the heads-up.
  12. Killer Joe Active Member

I heard on the news that the six police officers involved gave the man in custody a "rough ride" while he hand-cuffed and sitting in the back of the van without a seat belt on. The state attorney charged them with a plethora of charges but on NPR yesterday an interview with a professor of law said that it's unlikely any of the charges will stick and that those officers will not be disciplined in any way. He also said because of that any civil charges brought against them will be dismissed as well.
    This was his opinion and not a fact.
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Yes, this is all still on-going...