Bad Posts

L

Landkiller

The idea of listing cards you won't trade is analogous to an immoral business practice known as "bait and switch". These operations are when a business advertises a great deal, and when customers arrive the store claims they are sold out. Then they try to talk the customers into buying a different product. (Well, I won't trade the Moxes, but you still want the stuff for the theme decks you were making?)

Listing something you aren't willing to trade as something you have is fair, though bad form, since, it is intended as a "trade" list, but fair -- if you really have it. If you don't then it's wrong. Unfortunately, over Internet it is impossible to prove simply that you are who you claim to be, and proving that you possess certain cards is not gonna happen. So, don't list anything you would NEVER trade...you can overvalue it, but nobody wants to hear you spout on about your priceless cards. Sleep with 'em under your pillow, or whatever, but don't let us know about it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Goku:
Which means that there are some people on these boards that will continue to do it, despite the fact that it is dishonorable and a waste of honest traders' time, not to mention being simply rude.
Like I said in my original reply, just stop trading with those people. If enough people feel the same way you do and stop trading with them also, either they'll find out something's wrong when hardly anyone wants to trade with them and switch their ways, or they'll have other people to trade with who don't mind the practice. Either way, you're not dealing with them anymore and that's all that matters.

Landkiller: Taking your analogy further, it depends on the consumer on how far they'll willing to stay in the store. If they simply walk out after finding the product is no longer in stock, the store gains nothing. If the consumer is so incensed that they never come back, the store loses. On the other hand, if they stay and shop more, then the tactic worked for the store. It all depends on what the consumer wants and how much he's willing to put up with stuff like that.

F

fuzzy510

Why doesn't somebody (preferably an Admin) make a thread that describes the behavior that we want in the Trading Post and then Sticky it. This way, we can make it clear what we want to have happen there...

I

Istanbul

Hmmm. Interesting idea, but that forces the topic of, what rules do you want? What one person thinks is only fair, someone else might think is unnecessarily restrictive.

Perhaps a voting topic on the main page?

G

Goku

It would be hard to come up with a set of rules... but perhaps it would be a good idea to set up a voting topic. I will do so soon.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the problem I see with "Describing" this behavior is that you have to be careful 'cause you don't want to unfairly tag someone. With that in mind, if someone provides documentation like exchange of emails or PMs that describe that behavior, I don't see why we can't put up a warning type thread.

I

Istanbul

As I said in the other thread, caution must be our watchword. When a site starts regulating trade practices, the potential for abuse and/or unreasonable limits becomes very high.