Bad Blue Mage!

T

train

Voidmage Prodigy is Kai Budde's invitational card:

Voidmage Prodigy - UU
Creature - Wizard
UU, Sacrifice a Wizard: Counter target spell.
Morph: U
2/1

Isn't this just a little broken?
:eek:

J

Jigglypuff

Maybe. First, it's a creature with 1-toughness. It can be killed rather easily. Second, this is probably the most demanding and most limited of the permanent-based counterspells (except for maybe Null Brooch) and it's difficult to use at will, unlike plain old Counterspell.

It's pretty good, but I wouldn't call it broken.

(- Steve -)

T

train

I'll tell you what, the blue mage will wish he could have countered my breaking his nose as an instant, before this spell resolved and became a permanent.

J

Jigglypuff

Believe me, train, the blue mage has other ways besides this little dork to deal with your fist.

(- Steve -)

M

Mikeymike

Dude, I thought Breaking Nose was a sorcery?

Yeah, this little bastard is a problem. The reason being it seems so easy right now to build a good Wizard Tribe deck. Let's see, good Wizards:

Shadowmage Infiltrator
Grim Lavamancer
Hapless Researcher
Ghosthelm Courier (2U) (Onslaught also)
Creature - Wizard
You may choose not to untap Ghosthelm Courier during your untap step.
2U, Tap: As long as Ghosthelm Courier remains tapped, target Wizard gets +2/+2 and can't be the target of spells or abilities.
2/1
And then more Onslaught stuff.

U/R/g with Genesis and a good way to discard can be STRONG

B

BigBlue

Isn't there another onslaught wizard with morph which is T:Counter target spell unless it's caster pays 1.

T

train

Breaking Nose is a Sorcery, but I play it at Mana Source speed - erreta-ed to be an ability so fast it doesn't use the stack...

B

BigBlue

Does Breaking Nose work Like a Roundhouse in Lunch Money? In otherwords if I dodge it, does it move to the player on the left or right? :D

And at least it isn't Break Wind, that card stinks.

T

train

There's no extra cost to the caster, but there's an E.R. bill that'll cost the opponent...

I'm not sure if it works like roundhouse - I usually don't miss - it's so unexpected and all, the opponent is usually still shuffling when I do it, so they're not looking up...

I haven't been affected by a break wind yet, but when you walk into a convention room during round 16 of worlds, you can sense break winds all around you!!!:D