Bad Blue Mage!

Discussion in 'Single Card Strategies' started by train, Sep 10, 2002.

1. train The Wildcard!!!...

Voidmage Prodigy is Kai Budde's invitational card:

Voidmage Prodigy - UU
    Creature - Wizard
    UU, Sacrifice a Wizard: Counter target spell.
    Morph: U

Isn't this just a little broken?
  2. Jigglypuff Big Cute Pink Thing

Maybe. First, it's a creature with 1-toughness. It can be killed rather easily. Second, this is probably the most demanding and most limited of the permanent-based counterspells (except for maybe Null Brooch) and it's difficult to use at will, unlike plain old Counterspell.

It's pretty good, but I wouldn't call it broken.

(- Steve -)
  3. train The Wildcard!!!...

I'll tell you what, the blue mage will wish he could have countered my breaking his nose as an instant, before this spell resolved and became a permanent.
  4. Jigglypuff Big Cute Pink Thing

Believe me, train, the blue mage has other ways besides this little dork to deal with your fist.

(- Steve -)
  5. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

Dude, I thought Breaking Nose was a sorcery?

Yeah, this little bastard is a problem. The reason being it seems so easy right now to build a good Wizard Tribe deck. Let's see, good Wizards:

Shadowmage Infiltrator
    Grim Lavamancer
    Hapless Researcher
    Ghosthelm Courier (2U) (Onslaught also)
    Creature - Wizard
    You may choose not to untap Ghosthelm Courier during your untap step.
    2U, Tap: As long as Ghosthelm Courier remains tapped, target Wizard gets +2/+2 and can't be the target of spells or abilities.
    And then more Onslaught stuff.

U/R/g with Genesis and a good way to discard can be STRONG
  6. BigBlue Magic Jones

Isn't there another onslaught wizard with morph which is T:Counter target spell unless it's caster pays 1.
  7. train The Wildcard!!!...

Breaking Nose is a Sorcery, but I play it at Mana Source speed - erreta-ed to be an ability so fast it doesn't use the stack...
  8. Deadman New Member

Wow, does that cost extra or what?
  9. BigBlue Magic Jones

Does Breaking Nose work Like a Roundhouse in Lunch Money? In otherwords if I dodge it, does it move to the player on the left or right? :D

And at least it isn't Break Wind, that card stinks.
  10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

11. train The Wildcard!!!...

There's no extra cost to the caster, but there's an E.R. bill that'll cost the opponent...

I'm not sure if it works like roundhouse - I usually don't miss - it's so unexpected and all, the opponent is usually still shuffling when I do it, so they're not looking up...

I haven't been affected by a break wind yet, but when you walk into a convention room during round 16 of worlds, you can sense break winds all around you!!!:D