Back from the dead

Discussion in 'CPA/WOTC Magic Issues' started by terzarima, Oct 27, 2000.

1. terzarima New Member

Has anybody else noticed that Sparring Golem (Inv) has the exact same ability as rampage? Have the people at WOTC ran out of ideas and have to re-animated rampage?
  2. Darsh Corrupt CPA Member

Well there are 4888 different cards in Magic so I wouldn't be surprised if they just threw it in. Anyway it isn't exactly like rampage, rampage is "creature gets +X/+X for each creature blocking after the first"...at least I think so.
  3. Landkiller CPA Menace

Really! I thought there was 4887. Shucks, musta missed one ;)
  4. Gizmo Composite: 1860

It`s not QUITE rampage, but it is a close analogy. I think they basically decided Rampage was a good ability, but badly worded so made a simplified version - first seen on Elvish Berzerker in Exodus, yes?
  5. DÛke Memento Mori

...keep saying that WotC has ran out of ideas?
    Wasn't Invasion enough or something? I mean, come on! Most of the cards in Invasion are bran new cards with bran new abilities. Kicker? That sounds good to me, and don't even tell me it's a "watered-down" version of "whatever".

As for the ability, well, some cards you have to give them what you have to give them, no matter how "old" the "mechanic" is or whatever.

I bet in the future we'll see a creature with "All creatures blocking ~ gain -1/-1 until end of the turn", sure, you'll say it resemble flanking, but hey, the card just MIGHT beg for something like that, so hey:)...

There:)...
  6. Dark_Tira Not quite dead yet.

Actually, I thought it was supposed to resemble rampage since Sparring Golem is pretty much a reprint of Horrible Hordes.
  7. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

I know. It was bad the first time, it's still bad now.
  8. FoundationOfRancor The Gunslinger

I think its a decent card, and yes, rampage still excists, just not officially. This is the "less confusing" wording now.

DUke: This is an old coversation. I like invasion, it was just very low on new ideas. Kicker wasnt explored nearly enough, the pile cards are...well, piles (Even though i do like them), and eveything is a reprint with multicolor stuff attached. Im not saying its a bad thing, just pointing it out.
  9. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

But at least the reprints are good:

Good:
    Ravenous rats
    Harrow
    Quirion elves
    Soul Burn (To a lesse extent)

Bad:
    Zap

see?

and What's so confusing about rampage?