Back again!

Ferret

Staff member
I know I've actually been back for a couple of weeks, but I thought I'd let everyone know that I'm back for a while (again!) Iraq is a bleak little dusty country filled with people that don't want us there but don't seem to know how to run the country by themselves (Sorry, DUke, but it's the truth). I hope I never have to return there, but I fear that I'll probably have to go back in 2007 or something.

Meanwhile, I'm back at Bragg and trying to enjoy life while depending on the kindness of strangers and otherwise strange people. It's nice to be back in the land of Pizza Hut, Target, and Denny's (although, for the life of me there are none of them in North Carolina!)

I hope that everyone is doing okay and I'll see what I can do about pumping out an article or two soon...

-Ferret

"they still have IHOP, though, so it's not a total loss..."

Ferret

Staff member
MRE's: Meals Rejected by Everyone. Blech. Durring my stay in Iraq I never ate one - not ONCE! We had some pretty decent dining facilities to eat at, so it was okay. I also got to sample the local cuisine a few times and those people can do some amazing things w/ lamb - however, I'm not a big fan of their chicken. Too fatty...

-Ferret

"Mista! Mista! Gimmee MRE!"
"Sure, kid. How about the pork chop one?"

O

orgg

I'm glad to hear that you're safe, Ferret. I still havn't heard from a friend of mine that went over there almost a year ago... He was young, patriotic, and full of enthusiasm. He was also a fairly good Magic player...

So the locals actually want MREs? I've heard that the cotton candy dessert doubles as toilet paper quite well... or vice versa.

Erm... isn't pork a forbidden food to Muslams? Or is that just the Jewish faith?

H

HOUTS

:/

You weren't shot over there?

Hmpfh. Darn terrorists! They never do their job right!

-HOUTS

Great to see you, um...back. *shrug*

2005 CPA Winner: Most hated
2006 CPA Winner: Quickly banned

Ferret

Staff member
Thanks everyone and no, Shawn, they didn't kill me. It might have solved a few of my problems back home, but what can you do? I see you're still your same perky self...

-Ferret

"Banned? Not if I have anything to say about it..."

H

HOUTS

Hey, no problem! At least you can find comfort knowing that someone "loves" you back home. *big hug*

Now, get out there soldier! My little Yossarian...

-HOUTS

2005 CPA Winner: Most likely to fake his own death to escape from dinners with relatives.
2005 CPA Winner: Most likely to stuff SPIDEY like a turkey and serve him at NRA's annual meeting.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac gives Ferret the key to his room back.*

Sorry. I left pizza boxes all over your floor. And there are a few stains in the shower.

*Ransac wonders where he left his dead man.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

H

HOUTS

"There's no dead man in your tent..."

-HOUTS

2005 CPA Winner: Most wittiest writer never understood
2006 CPA Winner: Most unread writer

N

Notepad

Hey welcome back Ferret! Glad to see you made it back okay.

E

evan d

Hope you like the US. MY lineman coach is Air Force.

I heard some bad things about MREs once TV. Something about them going bad and basicly give looseness for a couple weeks.

I hope they pay you well.

I think I can prove the pointlessness of any war/peroid if they haven't made a real game about it. Look at WW2, getting rid of a pysho and Probably thousands of games about it. Rescueing hostatages from Iran, 0, (to my knowledge).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Rescueing hostatages from Iran, 0, (to my knowledge).
I think that's more because that would be considered a single "episode" and not a war. Cuba's Bay of Pigs, The Falkland Islands, or the US invasion of Nicaragua are probably better examples (but they were so short, they'd probably just be considered battles and thus mod material, not warranting a full game).