b/w Mageta wrath

T

The Magic Jackal

Ok, I just brainstormed on a new deck idea. Basic concept is to use mageta to wrath away everyone, then use nether spirit and chimeric idol w/ mageta to get a quick kill. I'm also trying to play w/ a small deck :) Here's what I came up with:

4 mageta
4 nether spirit
4 chimeric idol
4 ashen powder (can i have your creature?)
4 death pit offering (5/5 idols and 4/4 spirits)
4 vampiric tutor (4 less cards)
2 rhystic tutor (2 less cards)
4 dark ritual
4 creamate (4 less cards)
4 dredge (4 less cards)
14 swamp
8 plains

Basically a 46 card deck :) I don't think you'll have trouble finding the cards you need, and the deck might actually work. Maybe I'm just really tired, but it might just work....

D

Duel

My only change would be to throw in disenchants. We don't want them trying to get in your way with their nasty tangle wires and teferi's moats, now do we?

Also, maybe tsabo's web? a 42 card deck.

T

The Magic Jackal

I was thinking of the web, but I couldn't find anything to take out for it. Any suggestions?

C

Captain Caveman

TMJ,

What do you think about running a different color
with the Black?

Do you think this would work?

caveman

4 Burst
4 nether spirit
4 chimeric idol
4 massacre
4 death pit offering
4 vampiric tutor
2 natural affinity
4 dark ritual
4 creamate
4 dredge( good with burst?)
14 swamp
8 forest

N

Namielus

He isn't gonna just loss a color...

I think that you should stick in some disenchants, tsabos web (I hate port), and then some sort of other removal, something that removes cards from the game.

Do you need to get your deck up to 60 cards?

D

Darsh

He already has 60 cards, he just means with all the cards (cantrips) that replace themselves, he has a 46 card deck.

D

Duel

Yeah, and since everyone knows that a 40 card deck can win against a 60 card deck, that's a good thing.

T

The Magic Jackal

I don't like the idea of playing green instead of white. I'm trying to stay away from the pit deck here... I may take out the powders for the web, thus reducing the deck down to 42 cards. Other than that I like how the deck looks right now unless someone suggest something else.

D

Duel

Possible spot-removal in white for the pesky black mage in your life?
Topple
Excise
Afterlife (GOOD!)