4 Noble Panther
4 Armadillo Cloak
1 Thorn Elemental
4 Worship
2 Sterling Grove
1 Serra Angel
1 Gerrard Capashen
1 Sabertooth Nishoba

This deck is pretty straightforward, I think. Get out Worship ASAP, then sit back and wait until your opponent dies from Necra Sanctuary. Gerrard gives me all the lifegain I need, and Thorn Elemental and Sabertooth Nishoba are my big nasties.

What do all of you big smart deck peoples think?

R

rkoelsch

You should try verdant succession from odyssey. This works very well with worship. but then you lose the blastoderms when masques rotates out.

T

terzarima

Well, if anyone manages to pull out a tranquility or disenchant, you're somwhat hooped. But since this contains the masques block, stick in a fountain watch in addition to the sterling grove for support, but remember, even though you have sterling grove a tranquility can still wipe out all enchantments.

M

Mikeymike

If you feel like digging in the threads a little bit, I built an IBC BWG Necra deck that I posted here: http://www.casualplayers.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=7683

That deck won 2 small tournies against some decent competition.

Our decks are different, but its worth a look being that they are the same colors and using similar cards.
-------
I would suggest getting 4 Sterling Groves in there as both of its abilities are very important for you. I would probably cut 1 Cloak and 1 Sanctuary for the 2. Overgrown Estate (an all around underrated card) could be very good in here too.

I'd also drop Gerrard or the Thornie for a Desolation Angel, if you drop her with the Necra lock its pretty much an auto-victory.

Oh yeah, watch out for Pernicious Deed

Hope this helps

B

Bob

Nice deck, Mikey, but i'm poor. I have no money and can't go buy all those rares. :( I havent gotten a booster since Planeshift. :(

If I have to drop something, i'd be the Blastoderms. They don't work very well becuase this is more of a "sit back and wait" deck than a rush attack deck, unless I have a good opening hand and my opponent is manascrewed.

Overgrown Estate could be good, but it's kinda useless after I drop Desolation Angel.

M

Mikeymike

Yeah, that did come across kind of cocky. Sorry bout that, I wasn't trying to say "use my deck", I just wanted you to see a slightly different (but similar) deck concept. It was just easier posting the link as I was too lazy to type everything out again :D.

Actually, Overgrown Estate combos very nicely with the Angel. Pull 7 mana into your pool, play the angel, wait until it resolves, then sack 7 lands to the Estate for 21 life.

I swear, the Estate/Sanctuary has won at least 6 games for me when I drew no creatures or no Routs. In slow games in gives you a 30 point life cushion easy. I heavily underestimated that card. I couldn't tell you why b/c I've been using the Zuran Orb for years and I've seen that sucker win countless games...OK now I'm just rambling...

If you want to replace the Blastoderm with a creature, also consider Charging Troll. He's green/white for the Nectuary, defensive in nature, and makes a nice target for a Cloak.

B

Bob

yeah, iv'e always liked charging Troll..and having 4 of em doesnt hurt either. :)

B

Bob

I took out a 'derm and put in a SpiritMonger and he's much better, for only 1 more mana!