4x Swords to Plowshares
4x Savannah Lions
4x Spectral Lynx
3x Death Grasp
3x Phyrexian Arena
3x Wrath of God

4x Caves of Kolios
(other mana???)

Basically, this is an aggro-control deck that involves early pressure with Lions and Lynx, then taking control of the already reeling opponent(s) with a Desolation or Armageddon. You gain card advantage with Phyrexian Arena and gain some of the lost life back with Death Grasp. Wrath of God is for desperate times when you are about to be overwhelmed.
I need a good mana base and some suggestions for this deck.

13NoVa

i ran a deck like this first when apoc. first came out, and a better version this summer.

lands: 20
4 WB dual (forgot name momentarily)
4 Tainted Field
4 cave's of koilos
4 plains
4 swamps

creatures 6
2 desolation angel
4 savannah lion / Spectral lynx (it changed depending on the expected amound of stomp for the day)

enchantments: 2
1 Words of worship
1 yawgmoth's bargain

other: 32
4 durress
4 vindicate
1 vamp. tutor
1 demonic tutor
1 mox diamond
4 hymn to tourach
4 diabolic edict
4 swords to plowshares
4 sinkhole
1 deathgrasp
1 Wrath of god
3 phyrexian arena

that is the better version. All the 1's are great, because you can tutor for them. you don't want to sit on two wrath of god's when you don't need them, same with a death grasp.

the deck orked fairly decent. Won me a chrome mox and some other stuff at a cheap little local.

T

train

scrublands...

I think you could also use something like Sol Ring, Mana Vault, or grim monolith etc...

they even boost the death grasps...

Salt Flats also make B/W...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of the cards in the original post are in your control deck, train... I guess great minds think alike :)

T

train

I hadn't noticed that, but they are huh spidey...:cool:

DeathMaster and I have great minds!...

M

Mikeymike

I don't know about the Death Grasp's in here. Your deck will be killing off its lands, minimizing the effectiveness of this card. If you wanted to go more towards the artifact mana route (which is not a bad idea with Desolation Angels), then this card beomes a much better option. Right now though it is your only real source of lifegain, and it will be difficult to gain a substaintial amount of life w/o hoarding your geddon-esque spells.

Also, 8 'Geddons are too many. Your main win condition is dropping the Angel out, and if you Geddon early you will not be able cast her for a very long time. I think I'd cut the 'Geddons altogether, and maybe even 1 Angel. Add the 1 Balance as it just fits so nicely with the theme of the deck, and still acts somewhat as a 'Geddon

You need more life gain. Start with Zuran Orb. Loxodon Warhammer wouldn't be a bad idea either (gains you life and makes your early creatures much more dangerous in the mid/late game as well). You've got 2 perfect targets with the Scuta and Lynx's, and it fill outs your 3-drop from the aggro side of it.

I hope this helps.

M

Master Shake

Running Armageddon is a little redudent, run one or the other, because running both ensures 4 dead cards.

Land Tax/ Tithe is going to be precisious to you, be sure to run it.

Also, you will want artifact mana, as much of it as you can afford, not to mention Duress/Gerrard's Verdict.

D

DeathMaster666

Originally posted by Spiderman
A lot of the cards in the original post are in your control deck, train... I guess great minds think alike :)
Could I get a decklist Train?